Escape and Awkward Arrival.

Before this story begins, I would like to give a huge shout out over to Chie00Chan of Twitter for making this wonderful piece of work of Marcus Noin. I highly recommend you check her out and give her a ton of support for her art. It'd be much appreciated. Now, with that out of the way, let's move on to the story!

Zirith's PoV

I... I can't believe it. I can't believe all of that just happened. First we encountered an armys worth of Vex underneath the planets surface, then we encountered an Axis Mind that was basically immune to our attacks, and now we just lost a teammate!? This can't be happening!

And what makes it worst is that... I was the one responsible for it. I was the one responsible for destroying the gate that Marcus went through. I was the one that destroyed his way back.

When Gale said that we had to leave, at first i outright refused. There was no way I was leaving him! For all we know, he could've been somewhere dangerous. Somewhere that he wouldn't be able to handle himself! But... at the end, I had no choice. As more Vex arrived and gave chase to us, along with Zakren, me and Gale had to fall back and make our way back to the surface to report back to the Vanguard of what had transpired. As we did, we had to fight through hordes of Vex that had blocked our way. But unfortunately, as we began our escape, Gale tried to make contact with the Tower only to find that we've lost the signal to The Tower. Did they actually block us? For what reason? To make sure we dont call in for help? Maybe, but that's only a theory as of now.

"Come on, come on, keep pushing! We can not let the Vex prevent us from telling the Vanguard of what's happened!" I heard Gale spoke out to me as I heard the sound of a shotgun being used on a Minotaur, hearing the sound of its screech as it dropped dead. Hearing all of that caused me to snap from my thoughts to the situation I was in. I turned my head and saw a Goblin trying to sneak up on me from behind and I shot my pulse rifle into its weak spot, killing it quickly as it dropped dead with a thud.

"Zirith, on your left!" Gale called out to me as he punched a Harpy right at the eye, destroying it as the rest of his fist went through the floating Vex. I quickly turned to my left to see a Hobgoblin standing at one of the upper openings of the tunnel walls. Before I could react, the Hobgoblin took aim and fired, hitting me right in the leg. I yell out in pain as I stumbled a bit but thankfully I managed to regain my footing. Gritting my teeth as my Ghost heals my leg, I pulled out a rocket launcher from my inventory and aimed it right at the Hobgoblin. I fired a rocket at it and once it made contact, it exploded into tiny little bits, dropping onto the ground. Feeling my leg healed up, I continue my run through the tunnel as I reload.

"How close are we to the exit!?" I called out to Gale as I fired another rocket at a group of Goblins that appeared in one of the smaller openings at the right side of the tunnel.

"Ghost?" Gale asked his Ghost as he pulled out the Hammer of Sol and tossed it at a Hydra that appeared to our left.

"We're at close proximity to it. Once we've reached the end of this tunnel and turn right, you'll see it." I heard his Ghost say to him as we finished off the Hyrda, watching it drop down before exploding into little bits. I saw Gale nod before looking at me.

"You heard him, so keep pushing!" Gale ordered me then continued to run. I nod and with greater determination, we pushed harder through the horde Vex killing any that got in our way. Soon as we arrived at the end of the tunnelway and turned right we saw a big hole on the roof with sunlight beaming down through it.