One Point One

Heyyy allll, wazzuppp ah ha ha ha. Here is the second chapter for this story! My mind has been running in circles the past couple of days because I start school this Monday. I'm so excited but also equally nervous for my first day of college junior year – the butterflies are so real right now; legit, I coughed and a butterfly flew right out of my mouth. JK JK JK JK JK I'M JUST KIDDING HEE HEE. If that actually happened in real life, I would probably question if I were an actual human being or nah. But yesss! I hope you enjoy this chapter! This chapter is dedicated to @astrophile because she shook me so hard and I love the way that she/he (?) is approaching this type of novel! So with that, I hope you enjoy this chapter that @astrophile has inspired me to write!

Note to @astrophile: Hey there! Thanks for your input and comments and votes! I really appreciate the participation :') So I realized that to actually use your idea, I need a couple more chapters because it definitely will not fit in one chapter! So be on the lookout because the idea will come to fruition! Hee hee :)

I opened my eyes to a pair of eyes staring right back at me; the fear and confusion started at my toes and when it reached my head I screamed bloody murder.

When I realized where I was, I felt myself calm down and felt silly for screaming at my own reflection.

For some reason I had walked over to the bathroom in my sleep. Where I was sprawled out on the floor, there were opened bottles of nail polish all over the bathroom. 

All of them open, but none of them painted on my fingers. I was beyond disoriented and shocked by the scene surrounding me.

If I were completely honest, I was afraid to be by myself with myself. Something felt extremely wrong; a part of me just didn't feel like me and I just desperately wanted to leave the apartment along with the nauseating smell of nail polish behind me.

I finally convinced myself that I was just sleep walking and sleep-opening-nail-polish-bottles (uh, who in the world does this?!). Which was puzzling and a little alarming that I was able to do all of that while I was asleep. But I knew I was just making excuses to calm myself down.

Running my hands through my cotton candy poof of an excuse of hair, I breathed out a sigh and mustered up all the remaining energy I had in order to close all the opened bottles of fingernail paints. The smell of nail polish made me sick to my stomach and I just wanted to go back to sleep and not think about anything until morning came.

But before I knew it, the first few rays of sun started streaming in through the window and the birds outside were chirping along with their other bird friends. Internally screaming, I closed the remaining few bottles around me and stumbled my way to the couch and just sat there.

Biting on my thumb nail and simply thinking.

Just why?

I was never a sleep talker, walker, eater, and definitely never a nail-polish-bottle-opener.

I wasn't even that fond of nail polish, so why?

Why had my body been unconsciously doing this?

The back of my brain tingled, and I forced the tingling sensation away to be able to think more clearly.

I didn't want to know, but at the same time I knew I wasn't going to be productive in anything until I found out exactly why I was acting that way.

Genevieve!

If anyone knew, I knew it would be Genevieve!

Oh wait, let me back track a little bit for you.

I met Genevieve in the fall of 2015 when I had just turned 17 years old a couple of hours earlier that day. My school friends and I went out to the local carnival that came out to our small town, Briar Glen, that night to celebrate another year of me.

Riley! It's your BIG day, so we'll do whatever you want to do first!

I whipped my head around to both Priscilla and Iris to see if they meant what they said, and they were all smiles. I pumped my fist into the air and mouthed YES.

Priscilla ran to me and hooked her arms with mine and Iris followed and did the same.

Flashing neon lights, greasy fried foods, and on-the-verge-of-hurling rides filled our night as we went around laughing and sharing funny stories of what had happened at school that day – when out of nowhere, this beautiful woman came up in front of me.

She smiled sympathetically and gave me a reassuring smile all while handing me a dark navy blue card. 

Genevieve,

 XXX-XXX-XXXX.

The woman looked at me with great seriousness and simply said these five words: you'll know when to call.

A million questions zoomed across my brain; I was about to reach out to her when a wave of dizziness caught me off guard. Priscilla and Iris were able to hold me steady until the dizziness faded away, but by then Genevieve had been long gone.

I remember that night I couldn't stop thinking about her, so I searched her up online, but the only thing that came up was a story about her and her boyfriend who had been caught up in some serious supernatural events.

My mind snapped out of the memory and I reached over to my wallet on the coffee table. For the past three years I just wasn't sure what to make of that night or of Genevieve, so I ended up keeping her card. Never have I thought that one day I was going to need it.

My hands shook as I typed in the digits on the tiny screen in front of me. I pressed the call button and listened to the ringing indicating that the call was going through.

A part of me didn't want her to pick up, but another part of me desperately needed her to. Just when I was beginning to think that she wasn't going to pick up, I heard her voice at the other end of the line.

"Hello Riley."