11

stanley made his way home alone that night as well. despite richie trying to calm him down and take him home, he decided to walk himself home after he'd realized bill had already left.

at that point, stanley wasn't exactly upset. it was hard, almost impossible to hold his tears back when richie was there, but when he was alone, he felt numb. he walked silently by himself, almost comfortably. he was still intoxicated from a few moments earlier, but he knew that feeling was better than what he'd be feeling if he wasn't.

he walked in the middle of the road, following the broken yellow lines. it gave him something to put all of his attention towards, considering it felt like he couldn't do anything without doing so. this helped keep the thoughts away as he hyper focused on the lines, but when they came through, he found himself lost in them while stumbling over his shoe laces. it was one thought in particular that could've helped sober him up if he wasn't so far in already.

i'm gay.

the two words kept repeating in his head until he saw headlights appear a few yards down. he mumbled curse words to himself while stumbling to the other side of the road, deciding to take a seat in front of a street light.

after realizing he could never make it home alone on his own, even if he knew where he was, he pulled his phone out.

he knew there was only one person he could call, who he wanted to call, and the tears came back as thoughts of the boy filled his mind. he tried to push them away, but it was useless.

stanley, though his eyes were blurred with tears, still managed to find the call button.

he raised his phone to his ear, cursing at himself again.

at the third ring, he pulled his phone away from his ear to hang up- until he heard the fourth cut off, and a raspy voice come through.

"st-stanley?"

-

y'all didn't get rid of me that easily lmao. i love you guys with my whole heart and i promise to try to update more. i'm still struggling a lot, but hopefully getting back into writing will help! sorry this is so short, i got a random burst of motivation after being the only one awake waiting to get ready to meet jackson and jack at monster mania today,lmao. follow my instagram if you wanna see pics!! @ryleiannae ❤️