Chapter 5 | A walk in the Park

«Sunday»

    Why did I feel like this? Why did that word made me hurt so much?What is this feeling? Whenever I think of Zane and Pixal together, I just want to cry my eyes out. All of that happened so sudden. Did he lied to me about her?
    I open up my blurry eyes to check the time. I slowly grab my phone and turn it on. The screen is flashing bright in my face as I try to read the numbers. 5:42 AM. It's almost 6 AM. My parents won't be proud of me if they see me awake at the time like this.
Should I do this? Should I run away? This thought hunted me for an hour. Now it was 7 AM. My parents are still asleep, and it would end up sad if I woke them up. They usually wake up very late. I don't want to wake them up, but I don't want to freak them out. But why run away? Neither I or they did anything wrong. Teen problems I guess. I'm just going to take a quick walk in the park. Nothing else. Nothing else..
I think of Zane once again. I put my hands on my face and sign. I looked at the ceiling, then slowly turned my head at my closet door. I once again remember Zane with his soft smile, and my heart starts beating faster. I put my hand on my chest and squeeze it. This feeling. It feels so wrong, but so right. Am I in lo- NO! There is nothing I feel for him, right? He belongs to Pixal. They are happy. He is happy.. Or is he really?
These thoughts made me feel sick. I turn my body against the wall, and crawl up in a ball. Just then I said to myself.
This is enough. I need to refresh my mind. I slowly stood up, and grabbed my hoodie, and my jeans. As I dressed up, I put my phone in the jeans pocket, and closed the door. Just so that won't make my parents suspicious. I'll be back till they wake up. I hope.
As I finally got out of the house, I took a deep breath, and felt safer here. I could feel the fresh morning breeze. It was so calm, so quiet. I suddenly felt a little bit better. It was Autumn, but it was not that cold as I expected. I could see the sunshine shinning through the trees. I smiled, and started walking.
The park was not very far away, which was good, because it was already 7:33 AM. As I walked, I remember those good old times, when I was just a kid, and didn't have problems like that. I was so innocent, I was happy, I had friends. And now-
I snapped out of my thoughts as I suddenly felt a vibration in my jeans pocket. I stopped walking and quickly grabbed my phone. It was Lloyd. Lloyd? I swiped trough the screen to unlock my phone, and pressed on the message.
''What are you doing here at the time like this?''
I raised my eyebrow, and looked around. Just then I saw Lloyd walking towards me with a smile on his face. I shoved that little smile too, and put my phone back in the pocket.
,,So.. Care to explain?'' He laughed a bit, and I did too. ,,Just needed to refresh my mind a bit..'' I replied. ,,Better question, what are you doing here, Lloyd?'' I asked as he looked at the ground and started rolling small stones with his shoes.
,,Oh you know, it's Sunday. I always loved to get up early and sneak out of the house. Ya know, to breath some fresh air, or just clear my mind. Like you are clearing it now'' He explained. ,,And let me guess.. You sneaked out too, didn't you?'' He asked me with a smirk in his face. I slowly nodded, and started walking again.
We got to the park and sat on the nearest bench. We both were quiet for a minute, but then Lloyd decided to break the silence.
,,Soo, I heard that Zane got himself a girlfriend'' The smile I had on my face faded away. Why does it hurt everytime? I cleared my throat, and said.
,,Mhm. Heard her name is Pixal'' It almost felt like my heart could've exploded any second.
,,They look happy, aren't they?'' I said as I  leaned back, so my face faced the sky.
,,I heard Zane ever wrote her a love letter'' Lloyd said calmly. I started breathing heavily, trying to hold back the tears.
,,And they kiss e-'' ,,Y-Yeah, they are a gr-reat coup-ple'' I said almost crying. I took a deep deep breath and stood up. I took my phone out of my pocket, and checked the time. It read 8:03 AM. My perfect excuse to get out of there.
,,W-wow, would you l-look at the time'' I said whipping the tear that streamed down my face. ,,I h-have to go now, b-bye'' I quickly got out of there, and I'm pretty sure I left Lloyd confused about what just happened.
I rushed home, tears streaming down my face, sniffing and hiccuping. As I was close to my house door, I tried to stay quiet. I opened the door, and put my shoes back in place as quickly as possible. I was holding my breath, because that was the only way I could stay quiet.
8:17 AM. I threw my phone on my bed and closed my door. As I slid down, and sat on the floor, I covered my face with my arms, and placed them on my knees. I never felt this broken before. I could hardly breathe over the crying. I lift up my red face, and opened up my teary eyes. I need to say it out loud. I can't keep it much longer within me. I placed my one arm on the floor, and another one on my forehead. I looked up at my ceiling and shouted to myself-

I.. I.. I LOVE HIM!

Now that was emotional. 1070 words. That's a record for me. I also want to thank SnowyPen for helping me with the previous chapter:) She might be back in the future tho!
    - spicysun