Surprise | E.D.

WORD COUNT | 1.2k+

     You had been dating your incredible boyfriend Ethan Grant Dolan for what seemed like your entire lives since your parents were one of the few who actually let you hang out with the twins when you were younger. You never really could figure out why people treated them so awfully (even the adults) they were two of the sweetest boys you'd ever met. You awkwardly dated Grayson in the 8th grade for a few weeks before you 'broke' up because it was too weird. But when Junior year rolled around you found yourself wandering to their house every day after school since they did online classes, just to spend time with Ethan.  At 16 years old you both came to the realization that you were more than friends, and you've been a couple ever since.

     Recently, he'd been begging you to move to LA, to live with him and Grayson. At first, you were uneasy about it since you'd never left New Jersey, but after thinking long and hard (that's what she said) about it, you decided that wherever he was, was where you wanted to be. You agreed and when you told him, he was over the moon in happiness. Your flight had gotten delayed three hours and Grayson had the perfect plan. He had texted you and said that he wanted to prank Ethan for a video since they were going to vlog picking you up from the airport. Instead, his text read, 

From Gray: Hey Y/N/N (your nickname) I have an idea for a video.

Since your flight is delayed, I say you call Ethan and tell him you changed

your mind about coming.

To Gray: Are you crazy? He'd be heartbroken!

From Gray: Yeah, but he'd get over it after you showed up. Just hear me out! 

Call him and say you aren't coming. I'll record the call without him

knowing and then I'll get your from the airport, and you

can surprise him! It'll be so funny!!!!!!

To Gray: You're the devil, but I'm in!

     You knew Ethan would be upset, but you loved the idea of surprising him and you were always down to prank them, you always had been. So, like Grayson told you, you called Ethan. It took two rings for him to cheerfully answer the phone, "Hey beautiful, shouldn't you be on the plane right now?" he chirps. "About that E, I don't think I'm coming." You say, trying to play along. There was a long and silent pause before he spoke up. "Oh, uhm...okay. Can I ask why?" you could hear his voice crack with each word. It broke your heart, but you continued on anyways. "I can't leave New Jersey, it's all that I know. And maybe one day I'll feel more comfortable leaving it, but not right now." You say, making up each line. "I understand. I have to go, Gray and I are about to start recording, but I love you." he says at almost a whisper. "I'm sorry Ethan." You whisper back, your heart aching. "Don't be. But I really do have to go." He says again. "I love you too." You say one last time before hanging up and texting Gray. 

     You passed the time by watching YouTube, eating lunch and watching Netflix on your phone until you got the okay to start boarding the plane. You tried to keep Grayson updated. Ethan hadn't said a word to you since you hung up hours ago and you knew it was because he was upset but you knew it would be worth it once you got to hold him in your arms again. You were actually more than excited to be able to live with them. You haven't seen them in months and skype was no longer helping the distance. You missed the way his voice sounded in person, how warm he was right next to you, the way he smelt when he just wore deodorant, and just the feeling of him being so close. You left the airport at 6 so you would probably get to LA around midnight, to one in the morning. 

     You couldn't wipe the smile from your face when the plane finally landed. You grew impatient, you were in the same state as the love of your life and in just an hour or so you'd be reunited with him. You exited the plane and retrieved your bags before you went on the hunt to find Grayson. The airport was fairly empty seeing as it was so late, so it wasn't difficult to spot him near the front door with a sign that had Y/N/N written on it. You smiled and ran towards him, crushing him in a hug, which he gladly accepted. "Hey y/n/n! Are you ready to surprise E?" He asks, grabbing your bags for you and walking you out to his car that Ethan had surprised him with. "I've never been more ready for anything. Where does he think you are anyway?" You ask since they hardly ever part ways. 

     "He thinks I'm in bed asleep. But he's also been moping in his room since around 10 o'clock so he's pretty oblivious to everything right now." He explains, throwing your bags in the back seat and getting in the driver's seat. You talked to Grayson the entire ride about back home and about how excited you both were about the prank. Gray pulled up into the garage and you couldn't help but bounce your leg in anticipation. You were about to see the love of your life after almost four months apart. 

     Gray led you inside the house, both of you being as quiet as possible just in case Ethan was awake. He turned his camera on while we made our way towards Ethan's bedroom. Grayson cracked the door, peeking in and turning back to you. You stepped in front of him, peeking in as well. He was on Instagram with his back to his door. You bit back your smile and stepped inside, careful not to alarm Ethan. His bedroom light was off, the only light source was what was coming from his phone screen. You slowly climbed onto his bed, ready for him to turn around and see you, but you should have known your boyfriend better than that. Cranky Ethan. 

     "Fuck off Grayson." He grumbles, not moving a muscle. You rolled your eyes and layed behind him, swinging your leg over his waist. "Grayson, seriously fu-" Ethan growls, flipping over and then meeting your eyes. "Y/N!" He screams excitedly and engulfs you in a hug. Grayson flipped the lights on to get a better view of the moment. 

     "Hey, handsome." You laugh, trying to find a space for air since he was basically laying on top of your entire body. 

     "E, get off of her man. You can't even tell she's in the video." Grayson laughs, tugging at Ethan's sweatshirt. He blushed and sat up, with his knees on either side of your waist. "So, as you guys can see, Ethan hates this." Gray jokes, earning a bright smile from Ethan. 

     "I thought you weren't coming." He says staring down at you. You were trapped underneath him, but you didn't care. "I was heartbroken. I thought you just didn't want to live with me." He says, looking down shyly and playing with your fingers.

     "Ethan Grant Dolan. Wherever you are is where I want to be." You admit, every single word being true. He was a blushing mess and you loved every single last second of it. He leaned down, pressing his lips against your own. Finally, your long awaited kiss. You cupped his cheeks, enjoying the way your lips moved in since. 

     "I'm just gonna go...." Grayson mumbles awkwardly. You pulled away blushing madly. You'd forgotten completely that Gray had still been in the room. You apologized and he laughed, switching off the light and leaving the room, closing the door behind him. 

     "We have four months worth of kisses to make up for. Let's start now." Ethan laughs, leaning back down to reconnect your lips. This was perfect, you were exactly where you wanted to be.

_____________________

That was so bad, but it was actually my first ever Ethan imagine. Anyway, I hope you guys liked it! Let me know what you thought. 

If you liked it....GREAT! I'm glad. But seriously, message me if you thought I could have done something better so I can make the future ones even better! Thank you soooooo much!!

 -Renee :)

gif credit to: punishmedolans (found on tumblr)