The Fighting | G.D.

WORD COUNT: 4.7k +

     Argument after argument had broken out ever since you landed in New Jersey. Was it something in the air? You weren't sure what it was, but you did know that you and your boyfriend of two years were in terrible moods. First, it was when you were claiming your luggage and a suitcase was getting closer that looked similar to yours, so Grayson being the gentleman he usually is, grabbed it. You told him it wasn't yours and to check to tag but of course, instead of just admitting his mistake he went on a rampage about how you thought he was stupid. That alone triggered a fight, which Ethan had to settle since you two were in a public building. You even managed to have an argument over who was riding shotgun on the way to their family home. Ethan wanted to sit in the back with his brother and Lisa thought it would be a nice change for you to ride in the front- Grayson did not like the idea and claimed that you just didn't want to sit beside him. He'd been off the wall weird and full of self-doubt lately. You knew better than to bring it up too because you'd done it before and all that came of it was a screaming match about how you're "too into his business". You were fully aware that the carrier path the twins had chosen caused a lot of stress but the second year of your once happy relationship was becoming toxic and you feared the worst.

     When you arrived at the familiar house you'd been to several times before you were almost positive that the bad vibes would go away. But that thought was quickly destroyed when you tried grabbing your bags from the back of the car. "I'll get them, babe." Grayson says bluntly, nudging you over. You watched as he struggled to grab your suitcase and his two as well. "Gray I can get my own. Your arms are full, let me help." You speak up, reaching into the trunk for the suede grey case that held your belongings. "I got it Y/N. Just go inside." He growls, trying to control his hot temper. "Grayson quit being stubborn and let me help you. You can't carry all this in at once. You'll drop-" You try to say before he looks at you angrily. "Why not? You don't think I'm strong enough to carry all this in? Are you saying that I'm getting fat?" He snaps. His jaw clenched and unclenched as you stood afraid of his sudden outburst. "No. No babe that's not what I was saying. I was just saying that it's a lot of stuff and it'd be faster if you-" and once again you were cut off by him telling you to go into the house. There was no use in trying to reason with him when he got like this so you nodded and went into the house, leaving the door propped open so he could get in easier. 

     You watched him struggle through the window, cursing at himself when he'd drop something. "Does he need help?" You hear Ethans voice ask from a few feet behind you. "God forbid." You say sarcastically, turning around for a moment to give him a sad look. "He's been like this for days. Do you know what's going on with him?" You ask, hoping his twin would have some answer as to why your boyfriend wasn't acting like himself. "I honestly have no clue. He's been aggressive with me too. I asked him to take some photos with me last week for Instagram and he got mad and said it was pointless since all the attention would be on me anyway." Ethan explains, joining you by the window to watch the scene outside. "I wish he'd talk to me about it, but every time I question him, he blows up and becomes whoever that guy is out there." You say, pointing out the window. As if on cue, Grayson let the bags fall from his arms and ran his large hands through his thick hair in aggravation. "I'm going to go and try to help him. Mom said she didn't have time to put clean sheets on Grays bed, so you could do that while I handle the Hulk." Ethan chuckles, sliding on his shoes. You nodded, giving him a quick hug and going up the stairs to Grayson's bedroom.

     As you were having your own struggles, getting the fitted sheet to stretch properly to each corner you could hear two sets of footsteps coming toward the room. "Where do you want this?" Ethan asks, not you though. "Just set them by my dresser for now." Graysons exhausted voice whispers. You listened to the thud of bags hit the floor and then the bedroom door close. You assumed they both left the room. That was until you felt a dip in the bed behind you. "Ethan helped me bring your bag up." Grayson says in a calm voice. Not wanting to tip him off you murmured a busy thank you and finally managed to get the sheet to fit. "Do you want some help?" He asks. You wanted so badly to mock him and claim that you were capable of doing the task yourself, but then again that wouldn't end well. "Yeah, you wanna help me get the sheet on?" You ask, grabbing the folded white fabric off the floor. He nodded and took two corners, helping you adjust it evenly on the mattress. You made the bed in silence, stealing awkward glances at each other while doing so. Once his array of pillows were put on the bed properly you walked over to your bag to unpack the small amount you brought. You were staying for the week so you thought it would be a better idea to hang your clothes up rather than have it wrinkle in the case for a few days.