38. La La Anthony

If you can’t be yourself with a man, you can’t be with that man.

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

It’s not powerful to beat others up. It’s not powerful to take away someone else’s self-esteem because you’re dealing with your own issues in your own self.

I’m always trying to defy the odds, and when I do it, I always prepare myself.

When you find the most successful people–and a lot of them are friends of mine–nobody says it was easy. It was uncomfortable. 

What makes people powerful is finding your inner power because so many people out there give themselves every reason in the world why they can’t do something. And so it’s based on why you can do it, and that you have this inner power within you that can take you to the next level. It’s all about finding it.

The biggest power play in the world is understanding your own power and then unleashing it to reach your goals and follow your dreams.

He should be there to hold you up, not tear you down.

I encourage people to embrace whatever it is that makes them different. Not being like everybody, setting your own trends, being your own person, that’s what makes you cool.

Always aim for open ended questions. It is more important to listen than to speak. That's a life lesson.

Mind your manners. to really communicate with customers, talk the talk just like you do in real life.