o n e

a/n: hope you enjoy this one! it's my first so I'm not a pro or anything but it would mean a lot if you showed it some love.

• • •

"Why do you have green hair?"

One of the middle school kids pulled at Yoongi's mint colored hair as another gave him a tight slap.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you so quiet? Are you a mute?"

"Hehe. Probably deaf too."

The kids cackled with their crooked smiles before pushing Yoongi into a supply closet. The younger boy's cry rang through the halls of the deserted elementary building as dusty boxes full of school supplies fell on top of him. The impact of his small body hitting the metal shelf left him helpless on the floor moaning in pain. And without a thought, he laid there, letting each box beat him bloody.

He was fading in and out of consciousness when he saw a familiar boy standing outside the closet doorway. The older boy's menacing voice filled Yoongi's ears.

"Are you the idiots responsible for this?! I'll report you to the principal! Don't you know there are cameras here?"

In a flash, echoes of hurried footsteps could be heard as the frightened boys ran. As soon as they disappeared, the boy ran to an unconscious Yoongi pulling off the heavy boxes from his fragile body.

"Oh god! Please, Yoongi! Say something! D-don't you leave me too!"

The boy began wailing as he gripped the smaller boy's shoulders shaking him. He would not let Yoongi leave him too. With an absolute resolution, the boy slipped his hands beneath the Yoongi's pale knees and his slender neck before lifting him to up to his chest, bridal style.

Yoongi groaned startling Hoseok but he kept a firm grip on the boy's smaller frame. "D-don't worry. I'm taking you to the infirmary. You'll be fine, Yoongi. I promise."

Thoughtlessly, Yoongi slipped an arm around Hoseok's neck while the other hand clutched his uniform collar. He opened his eyes slowly to see the boy before him he now recognized as Hoseok.

"H-hyung?" He murmured before lifting his head slightly, looking at the world passing by in a blur as Hoseok ran towards the school clinic.

"Yeah?" Hoseok didn't speak too loudly but the tremors of his deeper voice spread through Yoongi's body. The boy shivered, a pink tint coating his pale cheeks.

"Why'd you come? I thought you wanted nothing t-to do with me anymore." Yoongi lowered his eyes, his grip on Hoseok's collar tightening almost possessively.

"Hey! Just because I say things like that doesn't mean I actually mean them! Friends fight all the time. But in the end, they'll always be there when you need them the most. Okay? Now you just rest and don't push yourself too much."

Yoongi mumbled a soft "okay" before yawning cutely and closing eyes. He let his head rest against the older boy's shoulder sighing contently just before he began nuzzling his nose at the crook of the boy's neck. Hoseok stiffened, his steps slightly wobbly as he kept walking towards the infirmary.

"W-what are you doing?" His ears were coated in a dark shade of pinkish red. Although he wanted to, he did not dare look down at the smaller boy or his whole face would be in flames.

"I saw my mom do it to my dad when he picked her up like this. She twisted her ankle then. I asked my mom later why she did that and she said that when I found someone I loved, I could do that too. S-she also d-did this."

Yoongi slowly moved his head so that his velvety lips could press against the hollow between Hoseok's neck and shoulder. Hoseok whimpered, his grip on Yoongi tightening.

"S-so. You love me?"

Yoongi smiled his gummy smile before gazing into the eyes of the boy that made his heart flutter in weird ways.

"Of course, Hyung! You're my best friend! I love you more than anything!"

Yoongi said his words with so much conviction that Hoseok hesitated unsure of what to say. Did Yoongi even understand the weight of his words? As Hoseok struggled with finding the right way to tell the boy his thoughts, Yoongi took the silence as disbelief and disgust.

Tears began forming at the corners of Yoongi's eyes, but not from the pain of his external injuries. He bit his lip holding in a loud sob as his spoke, his voice in quivers.

"Y-you don't believe me do you?"

He looked at the spot where he left a feathery kiss just moments ago.

"N-no. It's not like that-" Hoseok words were cut off when Yoongi lifted his head a bit higher and placed another kiss on his cheek, this time with a big resounding smack.

The older boy finally looked down at Yoongi, startled by his actions. And for the first time, the younger boy held Hoseok's eyes without breaking eye contact. Hoseok could still see the remnants of tears trailing down the side of his face and along with lips which were formed into a pout. "You're something else. You know that, right?" Hoseok shook his head, not letting his eyes stray away from the boy in his arms. The older boy felt a bit unnerved looking directly into Yoongi's catlike eyes but he tried not to show it.

"Look up, pabo-yah. We're here."

Yet, even with the whole enigmatic presence, Yoongi spoke softly which surprised Hoseok. He snapped out of the trance that Yoongi had put him under and looked up to see the door to the small clinic before him. Hoseok adjusted Yoongi so that he could hold the smaller boy as he twisted the doorknob open.

Inside the room, hospital beds lined the far wall and placed on the shelves beside him were medicines of all kinds. Hoseok took note of that while he placed Yoongi down on the nearest clean bed. The smell of fresh linen overpowered both of their senses.

"Stay put. I'm going to grab a first aid kit." Hoseok left Yoongi's side to check the shelves. He scoured around looking for a white plastic box with the red plus sign, smiling with relief when he spotted one just within his reach.

Within moments, Hoseok was back by the beds and then he began scouring for any signs of scrapes and cuts on Yoongi's exposed skin as he laid there peacefully, sunken into the white sheets, with his eyes closed.

• • •

don't worry guys. there's more. See y'all in the next chapter

~ Bliss xx