t w o

• • •

Inside the room, hospital beds lined the far wall and placed on the shelves beside him were medicines of all kinds. Hoseok took note of that while he placed Yoongi down on the nearest clean bed. The smell of fresh linen overpowered both of their senses.

"Stay put. I'm going to grab a first aid kit." Hoseok left Yoongi's side to check the shelves. He scoured around looking for a white plastic box with the red plus sign, smiling with relief when he spotted one just within his reach.

Within moments, Hoseok was back by the beds and then he began scouring for any signs of scrapes and cuts on Yoongi's exposed skin as he laid there peacefully, sunken into the white sheets, with his eyes closed. Luckily, there seemed to be nothing bleeding. Hoseok sighed in relief as he peered down at the boy's now furrowing eyebrows scrunched in what could only be pain. Suddenly, Yoongi moved his hand to place it on his abdomen and grunted.

"I-It hurts here, Hyung." Tears were forming once again at the corners of the boy's troubled eyes although they were still shut from the exhaustion of today's events.

"Okay. C-can I take look?" Hoseok was grateful the boy's eyes were closed because he was a blushing mess right now.

"Uh-huh." Yoongi nodded letting his hands, which were gripping his stomach, slide down to sides of his body. Hoseok's fingers trembled as he slowly began to undo the buttons one by one. He didn't know why it was now that this particular action was making him feel uncomfortable when he'd seen Yoongi shirtless countless times before.

Yet, this time it was different.

Maybe it was because Hoseok was the one who was undressing him or because of the conversation they had on the way to the clinic. But either way, Hoseok couldn't let his friend see his bashful behavior or show Yoongi this affected him more than he'd liked.

After tantalizing seconds had passed, all the buttons were off and Yoongi's scrawny chest was on display in its full glory. Hoseok suppressed his instincts to look away as a bright blush covered the entirety of his body. He shook away his embarrassment as he forced his gaze to roam farther down. Once his eyes hit right below the chest, there were rings of pink and blue, already suggesting that given a couple of more hours, the hue would darken to a sickly shade of blue-purple.

Hoseok gasped, his hand hovering just over the younger boy's stomach on instinct, but too afraid to touch the multiple bruises that lined the expanse of his milky skin. Finally, he used his thumb to slowly begin tracing the ugly bright patches while feeling the smooth skin for any swollen bumps.

As soon as Hoseok's thumb began tracing, Yoongi yelped, his eyes fluttering open as he grasped the violating arm.

"Ow. T-that hurts, hyung." He lifted his head in the process which gave him the perfect angle to see the horror that was his tummy. Yoongi gasped, his hand tightening on Hoseok's arm which was now resting on the bed beside the boy.

"Hyung. C-can you button my shirt, please? I d-don't want to see that." Hoseok was already on the move, this time, hands flying in a frenzy as he redid Yoongi's buttons so that the boy could be covered. After the buttons were redone, Hoseok quickly stepped away to look for ice not knowing if he could take anymore exposed skin from Min Yoongi. That boy was dangerous.

After making an ice pack, Hoseok placed it on Yoongi's clothed tummy, their hands briefly touching as Yoongi reached to adjust it. Yoongi, now feeling much better in terms of pain, scooted to the side to make space for the older boy.