Chapter 2

I sang to myself as I hopped out of the shower and danced my way into my room, flipping my hair every now and then while drying my hair, making sure it was all dry.

I picked out casual jeans and a top, giving myself a quick twirl in the mirror that rests against the grey wall, pleased with my decent appearance, I grab a jacket, & my phone running down the stairs, not wanting to wake mum, but before I could stop myself, my feet had already made me take a u-turn and sprint upstairs to grab my earphones and before I knew I was back to rushing out the front door.

School was school.

I awkwardly walked to and from classes, feeling more alone than usual, my best friend Tessa had come down with the flu and wouldn't be back till next week.

Tessa was one of the only reasons why I still managed to come to school. She made the hellhole bearable and entertained me with all her over dramatic stories.

I kept my head down when the lunch bell rang as I walked down the halls of the prison, ignoring the death glares I received along with the whisperes that seemed to only go around when I walked by. It wasn't always like this. Quite the contrary, for the majority of my schooling life I managed to get through life gracefully and peacefully. Good grades and good friends. Just like how my parents expected them to be.

I didn't know how easy it was to throw it all away, and the worst part, it wasn't intentional.

Of course, it wasn't intentional. Who would willingly put themselves through this? But some things are out of our control. I don't know if I was in control when I broke up with Zack Evens, I thought so at the time, but then again, I thought a lot of things at the time. For example, I thought I'd see Zack the next day in school, but the only thing I saw the next day was the bold newspaper headings that had everyone in the town shook to the bone.

Zack had committed suicide later the night I broke up with him, and somehow the only thing this stupid town has managed to gather is that I was to blame.

"There she is, move, if you don't, she might convince you to kill yourself."
Veronica snickered.

Veronica was always jealous that I was dating Zack, from day one. But it didn't matter, because back then, I believed I was in love.

How stupid was I, to think that there was some meaning to the word love.

I continue walking, ignoring Veronica and her minions.

My pain was somewhat an amusement to her and my humiliation a victory. Whatever 'revenge' Veronica thought I deserved, she made sure that it came to me since the day Zack left, over a month ago, and I was sure she had no intention on stopping anytime soon.

I walked directly to the library, not daring to walk into the cafeteria ever again. When I came back to school, one week after Zack, Veronica had already managed to convince the school that I talked him into it, and that I had filled his head with poison.

I remember running out of the cafeteria that day, covered in food and drowning in my own tears and self-hatred.

I didn't mind the library, it was quiet, clean and empty. And Miss Julia was kind enough to allow me to spend my breaks in the library, and I was so thankful for her. She was one of the only teachers who believed that it wasn't my fault, and even though most of my teachers didn't directly say it was me, it was clear enough when they looked at me.

I know, because it's the same look that stares back at me when I look in the mirror.

The rest of my day goes by as expected,
and I can only let out a sigh of relief when the bell rings, indicating my freedom.

I decided against going home immediately and choose to instead clear my thoughts at the park down the road. I happily take a seat on one of the empty swings, earning myself the judgemental looks of not only concerned parents but even the cute old couples who chose to go for an afternoon walk.

Could I really blame them?

I wouldn't want my child near anyone who was termed as one of the most dangerous people in the town. The girl you should keep away from.

The murderer.

But at the rate I was going, I wouldn't need to worry about keeping any kids safe from 'murderers' because I'm probably going to die an old maid in this cursed town.

I ignore the stares and pull out my phone and earphones. I haven't thought about him since this morning when I decided to run back for my earphones. I carefully place both plugs in my ears and connect my phone, I let out a breath, mentally preparing myself.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Allison Novac" he responds immediately.

"I didn't think you would answer," I confessed, trying not to freak out about him using my name. I only realize after a few seconds, that it was actually me who gave him my name.

"And whys that?"

"I just thought it was a dream or something," I spoke in all honesty.

"Well, I'm very much real, " he chirps.

"Real people have names," I smirk.

"Ah, and we're right back where we started."

"Please?" I plead.

"You sing terribly," he informed.

I burst into laughter."And how would you know that? Are you stalking me?"

"No Allison, I am not stalking you, my dear, " he speaks calmly."I live on the other side of the country, at least 4 hours away, so no worries darling, not stalking you."

"Yet you know where I live, "I noted, ignoring his pet names.

"Your phone gives away your location," he explains.

"Fair enough, so how do you know I'm a bad singer?"

"This morning was really early to be hearing bad singing." I keep quiet, not sure how to respond. How did he know I was singing this morning? Who is this guy?

"Don't sound so worried darling, it's all science."

"That doesn't help me."

"My aim in life." he scoffs.

"Explain, now," I demand."Not with that tone I won't."

"You owe it to me from yesterday, I told you my name."

Silence.

"Let's just call me a computer-genius."

----------------------------------------------
Heyy..

So,thoughts?

Vote and comment if you enjoyed.

See you in the next chapter.

Lots of love
Silverstar