Chapter 33: Gus and Alfred To The Rescue And Wedding Planing Too

(Author Note: Just a cute short chapter of Gus and Alfred saving Dick's life and starting to plan his wedding.)

Dick pov

Once Cippia brought her to me, she found a discarded lab coat. She ripped it to shreds and put pressure on my wound in my side.

"Don't bother Zell.", I say.

"Shut up and let me work.", She replied.

"Zell, I need to tell you something.", I said as I grabbed her hand and held it to my cheek.

"Dick.", she said as tears filled her eyes.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I don't think I'm going to make it so, if I survive will you marry me? For real?"

"Dick, you'll make it."

"Tell me, yes or no.", I said before I black out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zella pov

Batman carried Nightwing while Nighthound lead them through a shadow. I know through experience an open wound during travel is dangerous so I wrapped it up. Robin helps me up and holds me up until Cippia comes back and carries me on his back. We arrive to the Batcave. Batman had brought in a lady named Leslie Thompkins to check me over while Gus and Alfred worked on Dick in another room with the doors closed.

"She'll live. She just needs rest. And have her take theses pain-killers every hour.", she tells Bruce as he takes his cowl off. She then hands over the bottle of medicine.

"Good.", He says before he walks over to me.

I shrink in the chair while Damian snickers.

"Zella.", Bruce says.

"Y-yes?", I asked.

"Welcome to the Batfamily.", he says with a soft smile.

I smile back, "Thank you."

Leslie leaves since Dick was in good hands with Gus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gus pov

Alfred and I worked on the young hero. I was trying to locate the bullet while Alfred kept him alive. I finally found it.

"Got it!", I said as I slowly started to remove it.

"Good.", Alfred said as he looked at the heart monitor.

I removed it and started to stitch him up.

"It didn't hit anything too major. He'd have bleed to death."

"Luckily Master Bruce brought him when he did."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Time-skip~

Dick pov

I open my eyes and found myself in the Medbay of the Batcave. I look around and see Zell resting her head near my left hand. Her arms were tucked underneath her head. I smiled and reached my hand to run through her hair. She opened her eyes and looked at me. I was never more happy in my life to see her beautiful black hair and green eyes.

"Hey.", she says with a small smile.

"Hey.", I relied back.

"How are you feeling?"

"I've been better.", I said as I sit up against the pillows.

"I bet."

She gets up and pours me a glass of water. Once full, she walks back and places a straw to let me drink. Once I had my fill she placed it on the bedside table. She sits downs on the bed and looks at her lap.

"It's not your fault.", I said as she whips her head up to look at me.

"But!"

I pulled her down to me and kiss her lips.

"Not. Your. Fault.", I repeated.

"You win.", she sighs but smiles.

"Good. Now, I believe that you didn't answer my question.", I said as I hold her to my good side.

"......"

"What was that?", I asked with a smirk.

"Yes, I'll marry you."

"That's all I need to hear.", I said before I kissed her again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gus pov

"Wait, why did Dick ask her to marry him again?", Jason asks as he and the others watch them sleep.

"Because Todd, they were fake engaged to get out of the arranged marriage with Tyler.", Damian says with an eye roll.

"So they actually fell in love?", Tim asks.

"Seems that way.", Bruce says with a smile before turning towards me. "Thank you, for saving my son."

"No problem. It was my pleasure."

"I am glad that they will wed for real.", Alfred says.

"Well that means you and I can plan the wedding old pal."

"That sounds wonderful."

"Wait what?", Dick asks as he had woken up shortly after his brothers and father arrive.

"Should we plan now?", Alfred asks.

"Wait a minute Alfred.", Dick says as Zella wakes up and yawns.

"I think now would be good.", I replied.

"Guys!", he yells.

"I know just the type of dress for her.", I said to Alfred.

"Wonderful! I can plan the menu.", he replied.

"Alfred! Gus!", Dick says.

"I'll handle the guest list and costs.", Bruce says.

"Not you too!"

"Dibs on being the best man!", Jason says with a big grin.

"Why should you be the best man?", Tim asks with a frown.

"If anyone is being the best man, it will be me.", Damian says with a smirk.

Cippia barks and grabs a pillow to mimic a ring bearer.

"I agree Cippia.", Damian says.

"End me now.", Dick groans.

"Not happening.", Zella says with a giggle.

"I love you.", he says as he kisses her nose.

"I love you too."