One

"Oh Milton, you won't imagine what happened today." The girl bumped the boy with her hip as she passed by him, carrying some heavy bags. The boy, as a southern gentleman he was, moved aside so she could place the things on the island of the kitchen.

"What happened, Rae?"

"You know, I was at the butcher's, buying these veal steaks, and he said it was a present. He said the were for free, only for me"

"Did he do that, Rae?"

"Yep! Isn't it great?"As she always did, the girl popped the P exaggeratedly, and the boy had to hold himself back to not make out with her right there.

"Oh...I think he likes you, Rae. Next time I'll go with you, that butcher has to know you're taken. I can deal with my long lost brother liking you, after all it all remains in the family, but no other one."

"I love you, Milton"

"I love you more, Rae"

"Our life is so perfect! Who would have said a year ago, in 2021. You found your long lost brother, he fell in love with my flirtatious best friend, and your stranged father left you a huge heritage of twenty million dollars "

"Yeah, well. I have to tell you something, Rae. I'm going tomorrow, I've been offered a job in India and it's too good as to reject it"

"Oh...what a shame. You could have told me, but guess you had better things to do. And anyway, our best aren't our conversations"

"I love you,Rae"

"I love you more, Milton"

"Do you think we have time to...? I have to be at the airport tomorrow at five a.m"

"