0.20

And there they were, sitting on on a wooden bench, strapping their roller skates on tight the next day.
"Moony, I seriously can't roller skate." Sirius said, standing up and wobbling slightly.
"Siriusly?" Remus quipped, taking Sirius' wrist and plodding his way to the skating room door. Sirius tried to stabilise himself as best as possible, but he wasn't sure he was doing a great job. Remus thought it would be nice to do something for Sirius, seeing as he'd done so much for him. He asked the lover in the making if he could drive, and he accepted willingly, but slightly confused on why. Remus was getting directions from his phone and Sirius knew it was best to trust him.
"That's my thing to say!" Sirius still knew his priorities even when he was this close to falling over.

The floor in the skating room was much more easier to keep balance on, Sirius thought anyway. His skates had four wheels, two horizontally and two more going in the same direction beneath them, not like the ones James had growing up that had the wheels going vertically, but he thought they were called roller blades. Honestly, he couldn't care less about the names.
"You can do it, see!" Remus clapped, skating backwards and watching Sirius trudge forwards slowly.
"Hardly." Sirius nearly slipped forwards and due to instinct, had to grab on to Remus' arms.
"Try and like... Slide forward. You've watched that Peppa Pig episode with Harry, I know you have. That one where they go ice skating. Just do what they did." Remus and Sirius had babysat Harry a lot of times, as had Peter, but when they did, they would always be binge watching Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol and other cartoons. Remus was certain that he'd watched every episode of the plucky pink pig with the weird name doing regular shit at least 20 times, and he knew Sirius had too.
"Everyone's watched that episode, but it isn't that simple." Sirius tried to prove his point by doing exactly what Remus said, but what he didn't expect was to do it successfully. He was now standing next to Remus, who was, a few seconds ago, standing three meters away from him.
"You were saying?" Remus smirked, locking his hand with Sirius'. Not really feeling the need to reply anymore, Sirius just smiled goofily. It wasn't too packed, nor was it too quiet, so if either of them accidentally stumbled -it was usually Sirius stumbling which would then result in him shaking Remus- no one would actually notice or care too much. They weaved in and out of lots of couples, practically all of them looking back at the two boys holding hands and smiling, and even spotted an elderly woman, probably above the age of 50, skating with expertise, her son lagging quite behind.
"I'm talented, Moony. Look how well I'm doing!"
"Yes, dear, you're doing amazing."
"I'm a dear now?" Sirius teased, knocking his elbow in to his lover in the making's rib gently.
"No. Prongs is a deer." The back story behind Prongs' nickname is rather funny. It involves Christmas, forks and a deer on the Hogwarts grounds. Let's just say that James was pretending to be a reindeer and used forks for his antlers and when he went out, deers spotted him and charged. Good memory, that was.
"Eh. Guess you're right. But can I be something?"
"You can be... Snuffles. It sounds so cute, like a little patootie." Remus picked the most fluffiest name from the top of his head and granted Padfoot with it.
"I'm supposed to be manly."
"It is manly!"
"Snuffles! You're limiting me! Do you not think highly of moi?" Sirius, being a drama queen, sighed intensely.
"I do think highly of you, just not too much. You're a little bitch who cried way too much while watching Up-"
"You cried too!" Sirius interrupted.
"You cried like you were just letting out a dam, my shoulder was soaking and I had the weight of both James and you leaning on me, because James is just as clingy to you as you are to me. Peter was clever and instead put his head on the arm rest, so hats off to him." Remus ranted, skating with speed and dragging Sirius along with him. It wasn't so bad seeing as now Sirius didn't have to do any work.
"You complain far too much, child."
"I called you dear but I get child? You're not fair."
"You called James a dear, remember?"
"No, I called him a deer, not a dear. I called you a dear."
"You're really goddamn confusing." Sirius let go of Remus' hand and skated in front of him, nearly face planting the floor in the process. He sometimes got the hang of keeping his stability, but other times, it just flew out the window
"You'll get used to it one day." Remus kissed him on the cheek. It was safe to say that Sirius looked a bit woozy and pink. Lovesick, as some might call it. A sickness worth having if you've found the right one.
"You're so sarcastic sometimes it hurts."
"I got told off in primary because I was being to sarcastic. The teacher was like in her thick Welsh accent 'Remus Lupin makes too many sarcastic remarks and I don't think it's good for his health. She was, a hundred percent, my favourite teacher because she made me feel oh so fantastic!"
Sirius smiled at Remus, who didn't know what he'd just done.
"Wha- oh. Oh. Bloody hell, I don't even do it on purpose, I swear."
"I remember, back in first year, you would just go along with whatever James and I said, and by the end of it, you were wounding us with your terribly mean comments. You called me an ass sucking shit dick because I wasn't doing my homework."
"Should I call you that now?" Remus asked, his face very serious but his tone laced with amusement. Sirius smiled.
"Would you like to go on a date with me? Like a real, proper cheesy date?"

Sirius fought the urge to bite his nails as he waited for an answer.

happy eid to all my muslim brothers and sisters! hope everything's going to plan for all of you, whether you're celebrating eid or not. i, myself, am not the most religious, but i really enjoy spending this holiday with the rest of my family. this chapter's shit but oh well.
see you next millennium.