VIII

"No."

"No?"

The air was extremely tense between the two of them now. Hellen had just informed Tywin that she would not be lying down on his bed. She would not allow for the man to do as he pleased to her. She wasn't that type of woman.

"I suggest that if you want a woman's company you take a harlot. Someone who has nothing to lose."

Tywin's lips twitched downward. It was apparent that he hadn't expected this to turn around in this manner. The idea of this woman Hellen Tarth disobeying his commands was astonishing to him.

"Disobeying another command already I see."

He brought up obviously not happy with her reaction. Even though the situation was quickly turning against her, Hellen stood her ground. She would show Tywin that she wasn't some woman who could be so easily controlled - even if she had told the man that she liked it - not tonight too much of her honor was riding on this.

"I've grown accustomed to your presence, Lady Hellen, I've never known a woman to refuse an offer to come into my bed."

Tywin said his thumb rubbing across the bottom of her chin as he still held her in place. Her heart was racing as she looked up at him. She would resist him; she had to.

"The only way I would ever climb into your bed is if that offer also came with the proposal of marriage. If not then I have no interest."

Tywin slowly allowed for his hand to fall from her chin. She was freed from his grasp and looked at her slightly amused it seemed.

"Marraige?"

He mused. Giving a breathy chuckle he pressed himself closer to her causing her eyes to widen.

"I thought you said you didn't care for power?"

Hellen swallowed but her gaze never broke with his own. In the barely lit room Hellen could see the sculptured old face of Tywin. His nose was sharp as his cheekbones, his hair thinned and his beard fuzzy. His eyes were like the ocean deep, beautiful, deadly.

"If I lay with you, it will dishonour my father if there's no proposal of marriage. He might have let my sister and I do as we please, but he knew we'd be smart about it."

She lectured him briefly. Tywin stood there, his chest pressed against her body and his hands finding her hips causing her to gasp when they landed unashamed on her buttocks.

"Alright then, Hellen of Tarth, become my wife; a woman that your father would be proud of."

Tywin said as his lips slid down to cover her own before she could even muster a reply.