I can't Give in

So guys, here it is, the sequel to "I don't Mate with Jerks". Hope y'all enjoy and please to remember to always...

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND 

VOTE

~ KC Blares

*******************************************************************************************************

Prologue

KC's P.O.V.

“Hello again sweetheart,” the sickly voice cooed while I ran blindly through the dark forest. Leaves crunched beneath my feet and blood oozed from the deep scratches on my legs. Wild cackles filled my ears, the laughter taunting me from all around. As I sprinted by, I caught flashes of carnivorous teeth grinning at me as they glinted under the moonlight. Darkness crept into my vision as a steady stream of crimson flowed down my legs, more dripping from my lips.

            “Where are you going, sweetheart?” the voice from the shadows hissed menacingly, anger lacing his words. I strained for my feet to run faster, but my survival instincts failed to kick in. My claws wouldn’t emerge from my finger tips and my canines didn’t elongate at will. The trees around me loomed over my head but didn’t come into focus in the night.

            “KC,” I froze instantly, recognizing that painfully familiar masculine voice. But, somewhere deep within me, I knew it couldn’t be real. I hadn’t seen the owner of that voice in years, because he was supposed to be dead. I turned; ready to run when I met the gaze of a pair of soft, grey eyes. There was only one person I had ever known who had eyes as grey as his. It was a trick, I knew, so I quickly dashed in a different direction, ignoring his calls until they disappeared in the wind.

            “KC!” The sound of my mate’s voice forced me to trip over my own feet, landing face first into the hard earth. I didn’t stay down for more than a second, though, I couldn’t. I scrambled to my feet again and glanced around with my eyes in fear of moving an inch, my black hair falling messily across my face. Damon’s voice seemed to echo through the air, coming from every direction.

            “KC!” he called again and I spun around, sure that it had come from behind me. I peered through the darkness and found myself staring into a pair of feral scarlet eyes. I involuntarily took a step back and as if stepping on a trigger, the pair of eyes began to rise until they were looking down on me. Slowly, a figure emerged from the shadows, one clawed paw at a time until a monster with an unforgettable face smiled down at me with a row of sharp, lethal teeth.

            “There you are, sweetheart,” the monster growled through his smile. The mass of grey and black fur on the towering creature melted away to reveal a middle-aged man, half his face ripped to shreds. Something warm and wet began to flow down my arm and trickle off my fingertips. I didn’t have to look down to know that it was blood, the monster’s blood to be exact. I did that to his face. It was me who lashed my claws across his eye and through his cheek. “Now, won’t you please scream for me, Sweetheart?”

A searing pain shot through my shoulder and a terrible burning ate at my skin. My teeth ground tightly together in a desperate attempt to bite back the horrendous scream that was bubbling up in my throat, the pain slowly worsening. If I screamed I knew no one would hear me. I was alone in a dark maze, left for dead and at the mercy of Doyle.

            “Scream, KC,” he snarled, gruffly grabbed my face with his clawed fingers. I flinched as his claws pierced my flesh, slowly digging into my cheek. Blood ran in rivulets down the side of my face, the steady stream reflecting the allusive silver glow of the moon.

            “Thank you for the makeover, sweetheart,” he breathed his fowl breath into my face, the stench of blood and decay making my eyes water. “Now let me repay the favor.” His smile widened as he raked his claws across my face, forcing a painful scream out of me.

            “That’s right, sweetheart, scream,” Doyle laughed, his grin so wide that it stretched from ear to ear, every sharp tooth glinting dangerously under the stars. The blood was warm on my skin as it slid down my cheek and dripped onto the white dress shirt that clung to my body. Doyle pulled his lethal claws out and I opened my mouth to scream again.

            “KC!”  I was jerked awake, my claws dug deep into something and my eyes meeting the gaze of two worried brown ones. Sweat dampened my body and my canines were piercing my lip, drawing blood. The scar on my back burned faintly, making me slightly uncomfortable.

            “It happened again, didn’t it?” I whispered, realizing that my claws were embedded into Damon’s shoulders. Quickly, I drew them in and rubbed his shoulders as the wounds closed up and vanished as though they were never there.

            “Yeah, baby, it did,” Damon sighed, his muscled body still straddling my slim one and his thumbs slowly drawing circles on my arms. I gulped, blinking back the frightened tears that flooded my eyes.

            “It feels so real,” I whimpered, unable to stop my lip from quivering as one tear escaped my eye. Damon gently brushed it away with his thumb before softly pressing his lips to mine. Instantly, I felt the hollowness in my chest fill with warmth and the burning in my back begin to fade to a light numbness, Damon’s tender lips caressing mine.

            “But it’s not,” he said when he pulled away. He moved his head to the crook of my shoulder where he placed his lips over his mark, making my muscles relax and my eyes to flutter close in pleasure. “Doyle can’t hurt you anymore,” he murmured against my skin.

            “But-,” I began until Damon pressed his thumb to my lips before looking affectionately down at me.

“No one will be able to hurt you while I’m around. I promised you that, and it’s a promise I plan to keep.” He claimed softly before he lowered himself and laid close beside me, his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me into him. I pressed my lips to his chest as his breathing softened and he fell back to sleep, his breath fanning the top of my head. I released a quivering sigh as I clung to him, allowing myself to be wrapped in his warmth until the terrifying darkness of sleep took over.