the truth behind the preist

"GRANDAD"  both kids screamed  in unison  whilst enloping  him in  a hug.
"Happy birthday  kiddos" he replied  and just gave me a glare.

Being christian and  pregnant was not good and needless  to say we didn't  get along that well once he found out but was more warming after he found out they  were his grandkids.

"Dad!" Natalie hustled  just coming from the kitchen.

"Sweetie. You  still keeping secrets?" He questioned

"Thats enough"  i quickly responded "let's  open some presents"

We all bounced over to the the mountain of presents and started handing them to the twins. I remember the day I fell pregnant and the day everyone found out.

That fateful dance.

~flashback ~
They say secrets don't stay secrets forever and that is what happened.

I was heavily pregnant and couldn't do the things I loved anymore like sports or singing and often get bullied and called 'a hippo' or 'fataso' but I was willing to do anything to keep our little secret. I mean our growing secret. My pregnancy and at this point no one knew expect us and it felt special that was until the news reporter  busted In screaming.

I had written a beautiful song to win back my one and only and it had worked successfully as I sing like an angel and she looked at me and big nose runs in and yells "KELLY HANKINGS IS PREGNANT AND IS GONNA HAVE A BABY ".

My life flashed before my eyes.

Everyone knew.

And that was only the beginning of my struggles.

Present day ~

Our kids eyes lit up when they saw what was in front of them. Train sets and Barbie dolls and a whole mountain of toys. 

"Thank you so much grandpa" they screamed and they ran and jumped in his arms.

"Come on let's go set it up kiddo " grandpa replied.

"Momma? Dad?  You coming" Elizabeth politely asked.

"In a minute sweetie the grownups need to talk " she replied.

They rushed up into their rooms with grandpa and it was left just us two alone to talk about the thing we dread the most.

"Maybe it's best we tell them babe" my girlfriend suggested

"We've been through This they won't understand." I whined

"Fine but when they are 16. Promise me we will tell them" she muttered

"Promise. 16 and all is revealed" I told her and grinned and went upstairs and joined our bundle of joys who were happily playing.

Her father never agreed with our choices but it's for the best.