Chapter 62: Freshman Year

Lucy P.O.V
Monday May 31st

It's finally the end of May. The last 2 weeks are full of just exams except for the last day. We were both stressing like crazy and studying a lot. We would do little study sessions together. Sometimes we would get work done but sometimes we would just goof around just to relieve our stress. It was working for both of us.

We were at school currently and we were studying at Lunch in the library with Yukino and Sting. Their awkwardness had dissolved to a certain extent and they seemed to be working together better.

"Why do teachers torture us with these tests?" Natsu and Yukino complained.

"Exams and it's important for our future or something. It shows that we've actually learned this even if we're going to forget this." I answered, playing with my pencil.

"Why is it so boring?" Natsu asked.

I shrugged.

Sting seemed to be studying very hard.

"You're taking this very seriously Sting." I commented.

"My parents are strict so if I dont do well, I can say goodbye to enjoying my summer." He said, continuing to flip through the book.

"We won't bother you then. Good luck." I said giving him a smile.

He looked grateful and gave me a small smile.

"Maybe we should start studying harder now." Natsu said.

I detected a tiny bit of jealousy in his voice. I raised my eyebrow at him. He looked down at his book and avoided eye contact after noticing my look. We studied throughout lunch and we eventually went back to class. I made sure to pay extra attention. The teachers sometimes gives hints on what exactly is going to be on the exam. It can be easily overlooked so you have to pay attention to anything they say.

School eventually ended and I sighed. My brain hurt from all of that information. Why does school always force all this information that you probably will never use again? It's school I guess. I put my books in my bag and grabbed it and headed towards Natsu's locker. He was trying to fit all his books in his bag.

Locker clean out was soon and it was better to do it progressively. I grabbed some of the books in my arms in which Natsu thanked me. Both our bags were full. He locked his locker. We headed out of the school. Leo was outside with Aries and they both flashed me a smile in which I gave a smile back. Natsu and I walked to the house mostly complaining about the tests that are possibly going to kill us. We even made a few jokes about it. Natsu was visibly better. He was still stressed but I guess the school work was keeping his mind occupied from whatever was burdening him.

Natsu snapped his fingers in front of my face. I came back to reality and realised that the door was open and I could go in. Happy and Plue greeted us at the door before retreating back to their spot in the living room. I dropped my bag and the books on the floor.

"My back was killing me." I said.

"Same." He said back before dropping his own bag.

Natsu lay on the ground in the living room.

"School is hell." He whined.

"I always knew that. You just took time to learn it." I told him.

"I guess it gets a little better when you're there." Natsu said, his hand on his face with only his eyes poking through.

My heart skipped a beat. My cheeks slight flushed.

"That was smooth." I told him without meeting his face.

I could tell he was smiling though. He always did when I told him that. I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"Hey Lucy I've wanted to ask for a while but you've never told him anything about your freshman year." Natsu said.

"Ah yeah." I said.

"I know you were friends with Leo in freshman year but I don't know anything else. Care to elaborate?" He asked.

"Nothing much really happened. The only reason I lost contact with Leo and the rest of them because before the end of the year, I heard a pretty bad rumor about them and it may have affected the way I viewed them. I judged them based off a rumor and I couldn't face them so I lost contact." I explained.

That was half true. There was a rumor that did affect how I viewed them. There was enough evidence to support the rumor and it came true. It also didn't happen at the end of the year. I couldn't tell him that. It'll affect how he sees Leo and the rest of them. It's better not to get on their bad side. It's ugly.

"I didn't know that. I wish I had met you in freshman year and not sophomore year." He told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"That's easy. I would've love to learn about you early on. Everything got a whole lot brighter when I met you." Natsu said.

My eyes widened.

"I didn't really care for the world in my freshman year because reasons. Your first impression left a deep impression. Getting flipped sure was exciting I guess." Natsu laughed.

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I never apologized about that. Sorry." I said.

"No. Don't. That's what made me want to discover what you were like. For the first time in a while, I was excited to do something." Natsu smiled.

"You know Natsu..." I started.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"This is the thing people normally say before you make a confession to the one they like." I raised my eyebrow.

"Huh!?" He said, his face turning completely red.

"Do you have something to tell me?" I asked.

"It's not like that. Stop teasing me Lucy." Natsu said, giving his face.

I patted his head, completely amused by his response to that statement.

"I know. You don't have to explain." I said giving him a soft smile with my cheeks were slightly red.

Apparently, his heart couldn't take it. He stopped working and I laughed. This feeling is nice. Maybe because it's Natsu, it'll be fine. I'll leave the door open a crack. Feel free to come inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
:))))
The guests left T-T. Anyways new chapter. She opened it just a crack. Maybe Natsu will take the chance to open the door more. I've got inspiration now so maybe a chapter or two this week.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.