Surprise, Another Chapter!!!

Chapter Five: New Friends!

Third Person POV

King Perseus sat and listened to his Council as they filled him in on what has been happening. Perseus learned that the Olympian Gods arguing about a city named Troy. Perseus frowned when he learned that his siblings were arguing about whom to aid.

'Well, that's basically it, nothing else has happened that is interesting' Anubis stated.

Perseus smiled, his interest peaked by the mention of Troy. He always wanted to see that city. He knew it was destined to be burned to the ground, but he wanted to see it happen himself.

'Well, I am intrigued by what I am hearing about Troy. A child of Thetis is supposed to burn Troy to the ground right?' I asked curiously.

Isis nodded. 'Yes, she dipped her child, Achilles, in the River Styx, making him invincible. She went to the Olympian Council and asked that he be given immortality but they refused, saying that he could be a threat' Isis spoke, earning nods from the gathered Council.

Perseus gave a thoughtful look as he pondered what he's learned. He was very much interested in meeting this Achilles that he's been hearing so much.

'I wish to meet with this child. He sounds very interesting' Perseus declared and looked over to Isis.

'Isis, will you please retrieve him and his mother and bring them here?' Perseus asked.

Isis nodded. 'Of course, my lord' She said bowing her head and flashing away.

Perseus nodded and looked down to where Zoë was sitting. 'Zoë, I have a proposition for you' Perseus spoke calmly.

Zoë looked up at the mention of her name. 'Yes my lord? What is it?' She asked politely.

Perseus looked at her sadly. 'Child, you have suffered much at the hands of a boy. You lost your family and immortality. When I first met you, I promised you aid, and aid you I will' Perseus said, a small smile gracing his lips.

'I have given some thought to this and I believe I know exactly where you would be happy. How would you like to join Artemis' Hunters?' Perseus asked curiously.

Zoë's eyes widened. 'But my lord, don't you hate the Olympians? Why would you want me with an Olympian? And I don't know, I don't hate all men like Artemis and her Hunters' Zoë spoke truthfully.

Perseus laughed lightly. 'I know you don't child, but I just wanted to give you something to consider. If you join the Hunters, you will have your immortality back, and you would have a family that will care for you. And I don't hate Artemis, she, unlike her sister Aphrodite, knows how to close her damn legs. Her and Hestia are the only Olympians I actually respect' Perseus responded.

Zoë as well as the Council laughed at the mention of Aphrodite, and Hathor scoffed.

'And I know you don't hate all men like Artemis, but that's a good thing. You have seen and experienced the evil of men through Heracles, but you have also met me and the male Gods of this Council. All of them are honorable, and I believe Artemis needs a little reminder of that fact' Perseus finished with a smile.

Zoë smiled up at Perseus, knowing he was right. And the thought of having another family that would love her as she was, definitely got her attention. She did want a new family, but she was afraid that they would betray her just like her sisters did.

'If I go, can I come back here if I wanted? If you know, if I change my mind?' Zoë asked nervously.

Perseus gave her a warm smile. 'Of course. I also have something else to ask you, it is definitely your choice of course' Perseus said, suddenly sounding nervous.