Chapter 2

She had done it. The worse thing anybody could have possibly done to me.

She destroyed my first limited edition commander Karl Krandos comic book. That comic had gotten me through a lot growing up. Look at it now, all of its value flushed down the toilet because some crazy girl decided to break into my house.

I call the police because it would just be insane not to right? I mean this girl just broke into my house and mercilessly destroyed my property, Albeit she was a drunk mess but she still ruined everything.

I smell the vomit and god it makes me feel nauseated. I gag and run to the bathroom covering my face. With tears in my eyes due to the vomit (and probably that my most prized possession is covered in vomit as well as my bed) I look in the mirror and take a deep breath to calm myself down.

From afar  I can already hear the sirens and this induces some panic. coming face to face with the law was extremely intimidating. Oh god now I feel like I shouldn't have called the police! She'll probably wake up inside of an ugly and dirty jail cell and her parents will be pissed! I can't even imagine what my parents would do if I did anything like this. They are amazing parents but I can not imagine myself disappointing them. I mean she trespassed AND she destroyed my property. Literally the most important in my room! You know what I do not regret calling the police as much now. 

looking at the girl more closely, laying on my bed, sleeping and open mouthed i'm realizing that she looks vaguely familiar. Where do I know her from?

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

My body jolts abruptly after hearing the aggressive knocks on my door. realizing that I haven't gotten dressed, I scramble around my room looking for some sweat pants and t-shirt. Running down the stairs to the door with my heart beating out of my chest I reach the door and open it out of breath, not because I became tired out of scrambling and running but because the absurdity of the situation calls for it.

Outside my door are two police officers, one fat burly man and a woman with a darker complexion. Both with a slight but potent frown, making them even more intimidating. They ask "what seems to be the problem sir." Gotta admit, it felt great  to be addressed by sir by adults.

Clearing my throat I say, "th-there's a girl in my room, uh sh-she trespassed into my property and puk- I mean vomited on my bed." well I guess I am not worthy of being called sir if that's how I decide to talk to law enforcement. They seemed to understand what I was saying though so they asked for permission to go up to my room and of course I led them there.

Walking up the stairs as cool as I possibly could because the cops were walking behind me, sweat lingered on my upper lip and forehead. I'm gonna have to take another shower when this is done but this shower is going to be so so long. ugh why does this flight of stairs feel so long. I hear someone clear their throat behind me and my body freezes, "Listen son im gonna have to ask you to walk a little faster we have places to be" says the man.

I shiver and say "o-of course sir" and practically run to my room with them directly behind me. It feels like I'm the one that will be taken instead of the insane girl inside my room.

I burst the doors of my room open and see the girl standing an slightly swaying looking around my room very disheveled. Before I get to say anything to her, the female police officer grabs her roughly and she yelps.

"Hey don't be so rough with her man!" I say, still sweating profusely while glancing at her. She looks at me with a contorted face, in pain and confused.

"Son, this is why you should never drink irresponsibly. See her? she aint doing nothin' with her life, stay away from people like her"

The woman puts handcuffs on her and starts walking, holding the girl very forcefully by the forearm. The girl sways and walks like her legs are the heaviest things in the world. She looks like she isn't present and her eyes, though distant, hold very intense sadness. She gives me one last glance, this time angry and then is out the door. I mumble a quiet but uncertain, "thank you" before I hear them close the front door, leaving me alone in the empty house.

Frustration very quickly replaces all of my previous nervousness because I realize that My bed needs to be thoroughly cleaned and even worse, Commander Karl Krandos is covered in vomit.

"Godamnit!"

~

Hope you enjoyed!

-December