One

Pact[noun]'a formal agreement between individuals or parties'• late Middle English: from Old French, from Latin pactum 'something agreed' •

Pact
[noun]
'a formal agreement between individuals or parties'
• late Middle English: from Old French, from Latin pactum 'something agreed' •

***

Chapter One - FRANCESCA'S POV

"Can I get you a glass of champagne before take-off?"

I barely hear the question as I am too wrapped up in the fact that I'm sitting in first class. First class on an Airbus A380. Flying from New York to London.

"Miss Barton?"

"Sorry what?"

"Would you like a glass of champagne before take-off?"

"Oh! Yes, thank you."

I can't help but smile. The attention makes me a little giddy. The air hostess smiles politely as she hands me the glass flute before moving on to the next passenger. When Leo sent me the tickets I had no idea I'd be in first-class, of course I shouldn't have expected anything less from Leo Chambers, the youngest billionaire in the world.

It has been ten years since I have seen Leo, we talk all the time via email or phone but I haven't actually seen him. The guy is all kinds of gorgeous. Greek-god worthy. Quarterback and Captain of the football team in High School and my best friend since kindergarten. I love Leo. I always have. However, I have been stuck in the friend-zone far too long.

I kissed him once, the day of our graduation in the tunnel leading out onto the football field. I will never forget that day, that is the day we made our pact.

I pull out my phone and compose a quick text knowing Leo would want to know that I'm on my way.

[Me]

On the plane now. Thanks for the first-class treatment I owe you big. See you soon, F x

My phone buzzes almost instantly.

[QB]

Only the best for you Cheer. Be safe. Can't wait to see you. QB x

I smile as I turn my phone off and slide it into my bag. The air hostess comes back around and stows my bag in the overhead locker and I go back to sipping my champagne.

Oh, to be privileged.

"First time in first-class?" A deep voice asks from next to me and I gasp at the sight of the man across the aisle.

"Uh..."

A smirk tugs at his lips as I shamelessly check him out.

Good god Francesca, pull yourself together.

The man reeks of money. His hair is perfectly styled and his suit looks like it would cost more than my car. Part of me actually wonders why he is flying on this flight at all. Surely, he could afford his own plane.