Twenty Three. Aura

Twenty Three

Aura

“You’re getting married, I already know.”

Taryn Caverly smiled at the young girl as her jaw dropped.

“How-how did you know?”

She tilted her head. “Do you not remember, I am a Seer. I see into the future.”

Elianna nodded. “Right, right. And do you also know why I’m here?”

“If I’m correct, you would like me to attend your wedding.”Taryn watched Elianna as she nodded her head, her feet shuffling as her hair fell in front of her face. She tucked it behind her ear.

“Uh, how are your thriving plants.”

“Well they’re thriving.” True to her word, the plants that she had promised Taryn were growing much, almost too much. “How are your jewels?”

They both looked down at Elianna’s ankle, where the chain was clasped loosely, glinting from the stones.

“I’ve gotten used to the thrumming,” she answered, “it’s almost comforting now.”

“It’s supposed to be. It helps channel your powers and innerself. Yoga strengthens it’s uses and abilities.”

“Elianna.”

They both turned their heads towards him. Thanatos, the Angel of Death, in all his prime and glory. He walked up to Elianna and pulled her into his side, protectively, instinctively, and intimately.

“Nate, this is Taryn,” Elianna waved a hand between them. “Taryn, this is Nate, my fiance.”

“Ah, the fiance,” Taryn commented, holding out his, “how nice to meet you.”

“Likewise.” He shook her hand. Taryn was suddenly sucked into a vision.

She couldn’t tell when it was, but one thing was for certain, Thanatos and Elianna were present. The feeling of the vision did not suggest violent nor panicked. It was filled with calm, steady air that kept ones heart at bay.

“How is the little one?”

Taryn twisted around. JacksonFrost walked by her and stopped in front of the couple a few feet away. She walked around them, and noticed Elianna’s swollen tummy.

A baby.

Thanatos had his hand protectively on her stomach while the other was used to greet Jack. Snow fell around them lightly, the ground covered in little specks.

“This baby won’t let us know if we’re having a boy or girl,” Elianna huffed. “The ultrasound showed no difference. We’re truly going to be in for a surprise.”

Jack laughed. “That’s my grandchild for you. We are all going to have a handful.”

“The kicking hasn’t stopped either. Only when I put my hand on her stomach,” Thanatos commented. His-from the looks of her hand- wife, punched him lightly in the arm.

“What is the updated due date?” Jack asked.

Elianna answered. “Same, April or May.”

Taryn thought. That meant Elianna and Thanatos would conceive the child in the month of August. And Taryn already knew the wedding was on the Eighth of August. So it was very possible that their wedding night could gain them a new member of the family.

The vision ended with Thanatos looking down to his wife and smiling with all the love in the world. It was a sweet sight, and then Taryn was back in the present. Nothing had changed. Her visions always happened in a split second, keeping others unaware that she had them.

“So what time is the wedding?” Taryn asked. She didn’t want to raise suspicion about what just happened.

“The wedding is at four. Then a drink hour. And then the reception until twelve.” Elianna answered.

“Any suggestions on gifts?”

“We’re not accepting gifts,” Thanatos said, looking at Elianna. “We’ve already got everything we want.”

“Well that’s a bummer,” Taryn commented. “I had a damn good idea for one.”

“Man, I can’t believe the wedding’s in two weeks. Time has flown by this summer.”

“That’s what happens when you’re with the one you love!”

Elianna smiled at Taryn. “We have to go now, Taryn, but I’m glad to see you again!”

She smiled back at the lovely couple. “You too dear, I’ll be seeing you soon!”

She waved to them goodbye. And as she watched them walk off, a devilish grin encased her face.

No gifts my bottom. I have the perfect one with a huge surprise!