Chapter 8

Sesshomarus' POV:

The Fox demon castle was livelier than I ever remembered it. My nose worked in overtime distinguishing between all the kinds of demons that were present, all of them noticing me and clearing a path for me to cross bowing their heads in submission. My mother walked just behind me to my right walking elegantly and without hesitation. I smelled bull, fox, panther, horse, tiger demons, all kinds of bird demons and a smell that irritated me the most, a wolf. There was just one, even though I noticed a few wolves lower their heads as I walked past them near the edge of the forest, smell of animal flesh in their breath. I kept my face straight walking the cleared path straight into the castle. My nose kept searching for one single smell, the one I longed for for so long now, but she was nowhere to be found. I frowned. Was she avoiding me? As I was about to step inside the castle, my eyes landed on a strong looking male, dark long hair in a ponytail and blue animal like eyes. His head didn't bow as I passed him. I halted and stared at the wolf boy with my piercing gold eyes, clearly displeased by his attitude.

"Bow your head, wolf?" I growled, the wolf boy not budging. He just stood there with his head high, an arrogant smirk on his face.

"I'm not scared of you, Lord Sesshomaru," he said as he turned his back to me and walked away. I will have his head for that. And not just that. The faint smell of lilies and cut grass that lingered around him was infuriating me. I kept on my poker face even though my anger was boiling inside me and stepped inside.

.....

The preparations for the wedding were in full force and everyone had their hands full. I on the other hand, had too much free time. I roamed around the castle, spent time with Shippo and my mother, got to know the Panther princess and then walked around the palace some more. Yet the object of my interest was nowhere to be found. My nose was useless in this mess, too many demons around to catch that tingling smell of lilies and pleasant smell of cut grass. I was about to head to my room, when an abnormally large bouquet of wild flowers caught my interest. They didn't fit in with the carefully decorated flowers for the wedding. I followed the servant carrying them outside and into the back garden that was private and there I saw her. She was sitting on a bench near a patch of soft ping lilies, the scent of them and cut grass hitting my nose and calming my nerves. Her raven hair softly moving in the wind, her baby blue dress hugging her slender figure. My heart sped up at the sight of her beauty, my lungs finally able to breath easily again. I kept standing there and gawking, basking in her beauty. When did the bratty little kid grew up to be so stunning? My daydream was interrupted when she noticed the servant bring the bouquet of flowers towards her and a smile graced her soft lips. She took them and leaned a bit to smell them. She gave the flowers back to the servant telling her to put them in a vase and took a note that the servant gave her in exchange. She took it and read it, she smiled again and stood up running off in a hurry.

I stalked her. The servants bowed to her and greeted her with smiles and she greeted them back politely. From the looks of it she was loved by her people. They stood to greet her, waved her way if they were too far to greet her in person and she waved back with grace and elegance expected of a true Lady. She slipped to the front grounds and even the common people seemed to show her affection, something I never managed. From her brief walk through the shopping aisle I knew the people loved her. They talked briefly, complimented her and noted her good mood saying her smile suited her. I didn't disagree with them, but I'd rather tell her myself. Yet I stayed hidden in the shadows, watching her from a distance. Just the sight of her cheerfulness was enough to put me in a good mood as well. That disappeared as soon as I followed her back into the private gardens on the right side of the castle. I smelled him before I saw him and a growl escaped from my lips.

Rival. The beast inside me was ready to jump at him, but I knew better. I'm a Lord to a big and powerful family. Yet the instinct to tear apart that mangy wolf was almost too much to handle. I saw her bow her head to him as he took her hand and bowed down to kiss the top of her palm. Her angelic giggle hit my ears and I had to stick my poison claws into a nearby tree to stop myself from storming in there. I listened to their conversations, his compliments towards her making my blood boil. But when he leaned towards her wanting t whisper something to her and his lips grazed her cheek, I couldn't stop myself.

I was standing by her side in an instant, holding her by the hand and pulling her away from the bastard wolf. I heard her soft gasp at my sudden appearance and a slight growl from the wolf prince.

"This is a private garden. You're not supposed to be here," I said pulling her closer to my side. From the corner of my eye I saw her hiding her blushing face in her raven hair and inside it made me feel good. The thought that just my sheer presence is able to flush her face like this made me feel warm inside. But on the outside I remained cold, staring at the wolf in front of me.

"What are YOU doing here if it's supposed to be so private?" he barked back at me and my eyes narrowed at him. The insolence.

"I'm here to celebrate Prince Shippo and his wedding as a close family friend. I have permission to use the castle and gardens," I explained with ease and his gaze went from me to Kagome and back.

"I get it now," he said as he ignored me and talked directly to Kagome.

"Is that the guy?" he said and Kagome gently nodded. I tilted my head slightly in confusion but I dismissed it. For now. My gaze returned to the now smirking wolf and he bowed his head mockingly.

"Excuse me My Lord, I have a Moon to fetch." With that he walked away disappearing into the woods.

....

I was utterly confused. The guy? Fetch the Moon? I didn't understand it at all. What did all of that mean? I escorted Kagome back into the castle, her nervous fidgeting rather adorable.

"What did he mean by 'fetching the Moon'?" she jumped slightly from the sound of my voice, but remained silent. I narrowed my eyes and stopped her way with my hand against the wall in front of her face. She halted in her step and turned to look up at me. I saw her slight movement back and restrained it with my other hand at the other side trapping her against the wall. She gulped down blushing as she locked her gaze with mine. Her blue orbs just as breathtaking as I remembered them.

"Nothing," she said, her voice cracking and my ears picked up the lie instantly.

I leaned a bit closer my eyes narrowing a bit as I loomed over her.

"Don't lie to me," I surprised myself when my voice became softer, sounding rather hoarse. The beast inside me roared in need of a touch, I fought him for control over my own body when my fingers found their way into her silky locks putting a lose strand of her hair behind her ear.

The blush on her face intensified as she bit down on her lower lip, a low growl emitting from my throat at her action. Her cheek felt warm against my hand and I felt something rise in my chest. She looked so fragile and tender standing there between me and the wall. Her smell was intoxicating, numbing my senses. For a moment there was just me and her, nothing else existed. Her soft voice a lullaby for my ears.

"It was my demand," she said finally and my fingers caressed her cheek waiting for more information. "It's a part of my family tradition. The bride to be makes a demand of her choice to test if her suitor is worthy of her."

"So what did you wish for?" I didn't recognize my own voice. It was low, soft and gentle, everything that I wasn't.

"The Moon," she said and lowered her gaze hiding her face in her hair." I was taken aback. The Moon? I raised my eyebrow at her as she looked at me with panic in her eyes.

"I know it was dump but I panicked! I didn't want to get married to some random guy," her voice softened into a whisper as she tried to explain to me and I smiled. She was so adorable.

"Seems the Wolf boy is willing to get you the Moon though," I noted as his last words to me came back to my mind. She bit her lower lip again and it took all my will power to just make my body not move. I wanted so much to touch her.

"No matter," I dismissed it and pulled away allowing her some space to breathe. "With your demand I have some time to get you what you desire."

The confusion on her face was priceless.

"Excuse me?" her eyes looking at me like I'm insane.

"Nothing is impossible for Lord Sesshomaru. I will get you the Moon."