Chapter 9

Koga's POV:

My wolves picked up my scent before I even came to the clearing they chose to rest and wagged their tails greeting me with soft barking. I petted them, praising them for their behavior and established my role as their leader again. They sniffed at me curiously, and I saw them look at each other in wonder.

"Yes, that is going to be your Lady when I manage to get the Moon for her," I answered their silent question and started running. The wind in my hair felt great, I missed the freedom and the forest. There was a plan forming in my head, but I needed some assistance. It was impossible to give her the real moon, but I could find something that resembled it close enough to pass. For that I had to go see my father.

....

The night turned to a day and we managed to return into our den. Wolves and other wolf demons greeted us with loud howling and congratulations on safe return. I greeted them back and spent a few minutes fooling around with our pups before I managed to get to my father. My mood turned serious as I entered the big cave.

"Hello, father. I have returned," I said and looked at the old man sitting cross-legged on a bunch of furs, his hair already graying. A scar on his left eye and right shoulder battle trophies from the glorious victories he led us to. His black eyes landed on me and his face. He stood up and walked to me, his strong hands wrapping around me in a tight hug.

"Welcome home Koga." His sharp nose sniffed at me and a wide grin spread on his face. "I smell a girl on you, boy. Does that mean I have a daughter-in-law?"

I smacked his shoulder and turned around so he wouldn't see the blush that crept on my cheeks.

"Don't be silly, old man. I'm here alone aren't I?" I said masking my embarrassment in annoyance.

"You don't have to be such a wet tail about it," he nudged my shoulder and I turned back to him with a smile. "So how did it go?"

I practically saw his tail wag in anticipation.

"She's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen," I confessed, my fathers' face brightening up.

"If you're really so captivated by her why isn't she here with you? Did she chose someone else?"

I smirked at my father.

"I have a favor to ask of you."

Sesshomarus' POV:

I knocked on my mothers' chambers and she allowed my entrance. Her smug smile visible even from behind her furs.

"You seem awfully chipper today, pup," she said as her nose picked up the scent around me. "Seems you already found what you were looking for."

I ignored her jabs and went straight to the point.

"I'm in need of the Moon, mother and I believe you're in possession of it, am I right?"

My mother stood up and walked over to me watching me like a predator watches it's pray.

"And why should give it to you?" I pierced her with my golden eyes and I think I saw her twitch.

"I don't have time for your games, mother," my irritation was starting to bubble through my perfectly calm facade.

She caressed my cheeks and smiled.

"If it's about Kagomes' request, you don't need the Moon, pup," her fingers caressed the moon on my forehead and my eyes widened. Did she request the moon on my forehead? Was she actually waiting for me? I took a deep breath trying to calm down my suddenly wild beating heart. I closed my eyes, sudden happiness inside me coursing through my whole body. She waited for me. She asked for me and I didn't even know. I looked my mother in the eyes, the feelings I had for the girl seeping through my eyes as I gazed at her.

"I would still like to give her the Moon."

My mother smiled as she turned around.

"If that is your wish, I will give it to you. But it won't come cheap. I want something from you as well."

The grin on her face worried me, but I nodded anyway.

Kagomes' POV:

I was nervous. I haven't seen neither Sesshomaru nor Koga since that time in the garden and their promise to give me the Moon. And today, it was the day my brother got married and I stood before the mirror fixing my hair into soft waves. Sango came behind me and braided small braids form the sides of my head into a small ponytail at the back of my head leaving thick curls framing my face and after my hair was done, she helped me into a baby blue dress that tightly hugged my form on the top and loosely swayed around my legs having just one of my shoulders framed with freshly picked dark blue roses. I smiled at my image as Sango put my earrings on and I secured the Shikon jewel around my neck feeling it content light on my collar bone.

"Are you feeling alright, my Lady?" Sango asked as she watched my expression in the mirror.

"Just nervous. My big brother is getting married and there is a full castle of suitors waiting for my hand," I bit my lower lip gently fidgeting like a little girl, thoughts of Sesshomaru filling my head. It was strange when we were apart. My mind always seemed to drift to him, something was pulling me to him. The realization of that bit at my mind and made me think when exactly did it start. Was it that time he saved me from the arrow? No, it was way before that. Were the jabs and hatred just a childish show of affection? My cheeks flushed at the thought and I had to shake the thoughts of my head. This is not the time to be thinking about it. My brother is getting married. With a deep breath I gave myself a last check up in the mirror and left my room.

....

The ceremony was beautiful. The bride was so pretty and the smile of happiness on my brothers face as he finally kissed his now wife was heartwarming. Our parents were crying like children as Shippo finally took his wife's hand and let her out of the cathedral that was decorated all in white just for this occasion. I was so happy for him. But as I exited the cathedral, I felt a pair of golden eyes on me, a soft smile grazing my lips from the feeling. Yeah, it's official. I'm in love with Sesshomaru.