[CLOSED] PunkWars

Steampunk. Cyberpunk. Mythpunk. Oceanpunk.

Whichever one's punk of choice, it's fair to say there's something for everyone. The deeper one digs into the punk sub-genres of Science Fiction & Fantasy, the more bizarre and obscure such things become, however all do seem to manage to keep a foothold - however weak a foothold that might be - in reality. It might not always be the reality with which we're all familiar, but it's a reality, nonetheless.

But what happens when these different and varied worlds collide? What happens when the power of steam, cogs and gears meet the technological might of cyberpunk or nanopunk? What happens when a world of green crusaders encounters the shiny veneer of a decopunk world?

What happens, quite simply, is this: PUNK WARS!

The Prompt

There really are a massive amount of 'punk' sub-genres, all of which are Science Fiction based, fantasy based, or both. Don't believe us? Check out this sub-genre guide. Anything with 'punk' in the title is fair game, as far as this contest goes!

In collaboration with Wattpunk _Steampunk military-fiction & Urban-fantasy we want you to select two of those punks (and yes, you can select more than two if you wish) and write a story about what happens when the worlds of those punks you select collide! How you choose to do that, is entirely your decision.

Guidelines

Your entry should be no longer than 5000 words.

You are free to write your story as a one-shot, or as part of an existing collection.

Only entries submitted via this form on or before September 30th will be considered eligible for judging. Feel free to post the direct link to your story in the comments section below, to share with your fellow Wattpadders!

Be sure to read some of the other entries, too! Support your fellow authors, and spread the Wattpad Love!

Unfortunately we can only accept entries written in English.

Whilst some leeway will be given, please do try to keep things PG-13.