Thirteen

"G, we need to talk about something." I said as I sat down on the couch next to him. Everything has been smooth sailing since we have moved to New York, the team was doing well, they've now fallen behind nine games to the Red Sox in the division, but they are up three and a half games in the wild card. 

"What's going on love?" He asked and I sighed. G and I have talked about our future together and having kids and everything and we've both expressed we want kids and that we are going to spend the rest of our lives together, things are just going to get more hectic now that I found out that I'm pregnant. 

"Well you know how we've been talking about starting a family together and spending the rest of our lives together right?" I asked and he nodded. "Well I took this test this morning." I said handing him the pregnancy test and he looked at it and his eyes went wide.

"Are you for real?" He said with a smile on his face. "Yeah, I am. We're having a baby." I said and he brought me in for a hug. "I love you so much Cat, I can't wait to start a family with you." He said as he kissed me. 

"I love you too G, we're gonna have a baby in May." I said. "When do you go to the doctors to find out the actual date and stuff?" He asked. "I made an appointment for next week when you're back home." I said. 

"All games are night games, so I'm going with you to the appointment, is that okay?" He asked and I couldn't help but laugh. "Of course it is. I want you involved as much as you can in the doctors appointments and such. You're the dad, we're going to have this baby in the heart of baseball season, it's going to suck, but we'll get through it." 

"What do you want, a boy or a girl?" He asked. "I honestly don't care, as long as he or she is healthy, that's all that matters. But I've always wanted a little girl." I said. "I want a boy, I know that if we have a girl, I'm gonna turn into a big mush and she's going to steal my heart." He said. 

"Well I hope the boy steals your heart too, even though I want to see you with a baby girl." I said and he laughed. "Have you called your mom yet?"  I nodded my head. "She was the first one because I was freaking out. I didn't think that I was ready to be a mom yet." 

"You're going to be a great mom Cat, I just know it." He said as I leaned my head on his shoulder and he put one hand on my stomach. "No matter if it's a boy or girl, I'm gonna try my best to be there for you every step of the way, baseball or not. You and this baby are more important to me." He said. 

That part made me tear up and think about everything that we've been through. With G, baseball has always come first to him before our relationship. So to hear him say that me and our baby is more important to him than baseball, it truly means a lot to me. 

I can't wait to see how it's going to be as I grow and get farther along in my pregnancy and how we're both going to be as parents during baseball season. I also can't wait to find out what we're having, this is going to be one rollercoaster of a ride, but I'm so ready for it.