three | essence

~*~*~*~

Hey guys, it's Essence!

Warning: This is gonna be sad asf. Seriously, this one-shot deals with depression and self-harm, and suicide so if you get triggered by either of those concepts, please go for your own safety and well being. 

I honestly didn't mean to make this so dark. Sorry guys :/

Modern AU

Read on, babes!

~*~*~*~

Reddie

~*~*~*~

"Richie Tozier! Get your head out of the fucking clouds and open your eyes!" Eddie screamed at him, crystal clear tears slipping down his face. "This isn't working out anymore!"

Richie's face was red with anger and frustration, "We can make it work, Eds-" he attempted to reach for the smaller boy, in which he quickly pulled away.

"Don't fucking call me that!" Eddie screamed. Richie was taken aback. Sure, Eddie had always said that, but never in that tone. Richie's eyes became watery, "But, you love it when I call you that."

Eddie scoffed and crossed his arms, "Actually, I don't. Just leave."

"Eddie-"

"Get out, Trashmouth. I've said what I've needed to. This thing that we have going on...It's weird. We aren't meant to be." Eddie lied. He lied straight through his fucking teeth. He knew he had to.

"I'm not giving up on you, Eddie. I'm not giving up on us. Please." Richie was this close to bursting into tears.

And what Eddie said next, shattered his heart into fucking pieces.

"No! I don't love you!"

And that was the moment Eddie Kaspbrak, ruined Richie Tozier's life.

Eddie was surprised by the words that had left his mouth, and covered it, "Wait. No, Richie-" he tried to grab his arm but Richie stepped back. His mouth was open, cheeks stained red, shock was splattered across his face along with his tears.

Richie pursed his lips to fight the sob on the tip of his tongue. He nodded, "Okay. I see how it is." he stepped back, frown evident on his pale face.

"I'll go."

"Richie, wait, I didn't mean it." Eddie grabbed his arm.

Both of them felt like they were on the edge of a cliff, hanging onto each other for dear life.

But, Eddie pushed Richie.

And Richie.

He fell.

Fell to his death.

While Eddie watched him fall down, down, down, down...

Richie gave a sad smile and pulled away, shaking his head, "Maybe you didn't mean to. But you still said it." tears streamed down the 17-year old's face. So many tears, staining his rosy cheeks. The cheeks Eddie used to kiss whenever he did something sweet.

That was the end of that.

Eddie could feel his heart pounding inside his chest. It hurt. It hurt so fucking much he thought he was gonna die.

In the beginning, it was just an accidental kiss. Next, it was not-so-accidental kisses. Then it was fooling around together almost every day in secret. Eddie never meant to fall in love with his best friend. He never meant for it to get this far.