Three | Want

A/N: Another long(ish) one! Sorry! Hope you like X

"Are you planning on staying in that towel all afternoon or?" Meryl rolled her eyes, balancing on her tiptoes to put the first aid kit back in its place, "Well, now I've only got one hand it might be a little difficult getting dress-" Pierce joked, immediately being cut off by Meryl's scoff, "Oh my God. What's brought all this dirty talk on?" she turned around and picked up her finally made coffee, "I'm married," she placed the mug in her other hand to flash her wedding ring, "in case you weren't aware."
"Oh, I'm aware, the question is, are you?" Pierce raised his eyebrows and finished his apple, whilst Meryl stood speechless at his comment.
She was purposely teasing and flirting because she knew nothing could come of it, not while she was with Don anyway, but part of her, a large part of her, wanted it to go further, and she felt Pierce wanted the same. Gulping to clear her throat, she replied, "I don't know what you're talking about.."
Pierce noticed her eyes starting to water and without any hesitation cupped her face and bent down to her height, "Hey, we're only messing around," he brought his face closer to hers, and placed her mug by the side of them, "I didn't mean to upset you, or make you uncomfortable. I'll keep it PG from now on, I swear." Pierce smiled sincerely as he wiped the tears from Meryl's face, "But don't you see?" she looked down at his lips, tears falling one at a time, "I don't want that. I want-" Meryl stammered and placed her hand around his neck, bringing herself closer. Pierce, now leaning his forehead on hers, questioned, "What?" he wrapped his injured arm around her waist and pulled her even closer, if that was even possible, "What do you want, Meryl Streep?"
She gasped and felt herself being pushed up against the kitchen wall, Pierce was gentle; for so long now she'd waited to feel his body on hers and now she was about to experience it.
"Do you want me to spell it out for you?" she teased, now biting her lip, "I'm sure I can figure it out," Meryl placed his hand on the top of her thigh, "but humour me." he whispered, now caressing her leg. Meryl brought her hand lower, rubbing his back, now running her fingers along the top of his towel, "I want.." she pulled herself up the wall, taking Pierce with her, ready to whisper in his ear the words he'd been wanting to here since the beginning, "..DON?!"
Meryl noticed him stood in the doorway as soon as she peered over Pierce's shoulder. Reopening his eyes and pulling his head back in amazement, "Fuck, you're playing hard to get-"
Pushing him away and running towards Don, who had now left in the heat of it all, Meryl cried, "Oh my God, Don, PLEASE!" she held on to the front door as she leapt out back onto the cobbled drive, unsteadily running to find Don, "You don't understand!"
As his car reversed in anger, he put his foot down as hard as he possibly could and sped off, leaving nothing but exhaust fumes and a broken heart to Meryl. She sobbed loudly and kicked the wall beside her in frustration. Bending down, she held her head in her hands and began to quieten down her tears at the sound of, a finally dressed, Pierce.
"That's it. I've lost everything. Everything." Meryl wiped her nose as she leant her head against Pierce's chest.
This was the first time Pierce and Meryl had felt compassion for one another. Up until now it had all been about something new and exciting; a lust for sex. This meant something different. Meryl was able to find comfort in Pierce, something she knew all too well was very hard to find.
He unwrapped his arm from around her shoulders and placed the blanket he brought out around her delicate body, before returning his muscular, warm arm back on her shoulders.
"You need to talk to him. How the fuck did he know where you were anyway?" Pierce brought Meryl's face up to look at his, "God knows." she sniffled, "I knew I should've told him how I felt." Meryl sighed, holding on to his knee to bring herself standing.
She was right. She had put off telling Don how she felt and it had come right back to stab her where it hurt.
"Well, we're never gonna get anywhere stood here are we?" he brushed her wet tears away from her eyes as she dropped her head into his hand and smiled. Neither of them spoke for a while after that. Meryl stood with the blanket around her upper body with her face being stroked gently by Pierce, as he cradled her with his other arm.
"I think I'm gonna go grab that coffee-" she began walking towards the door before Pierce pulled her right back, knowing she was stalling, "Noo," she rolled her eyes, "you're gonna get in your car, I'm driving you home."
"No you're bloody well not, I can drive myself. I don't need you to take care of me." Meryl snapped, taking off the blanket and giving it back, "Don't flatter yourself. I'm doing it because you're in no fit state to drive, not because I care." he mocked, "Fuck you." she replied, trying to disguise biting her lip and softly smiling as she got turned on, "Seriously?" Pierce rolled his eyes, "You've got your husband to deal with right now, love." They both began walking to the car as Meryl slowly began to come to the realisation that it really was over, "Maybe later though." he whispered seductively before he took the car keys and parted to get into the car.
"Straight up and then where?" Pierce said, beginning to reverse to pull away from his house, "There's a sharp right in about half a mile."
He spluttered the engine and stalled the car almost every time he restarted it, sending Meryl into an uproar of laughter, "You've got your license," she leant on the car window, "haven't you?" Meryl raised her eyebrows at a scoffing Pierce, "I don't have the time to get an official license. Besides, how simple is this anyway?" he said, ironically stalling the car once again, "Bloody hell. You've not even got your license but you insisted on driving- Pierce the RIGHT!" Meryl interrupted herself as he was about to miss the correct turn, "Go to the RIGHT!" she grabbed hold of the wheel as Pierce pushed her off, "Go to the right, go to the right!" he mocked as he turned down the one way street.
They smiled at each other once again, as Meryl sat staring into his eyes, thinking this really might be more than sex. He made her laugh; he made her feel warmth; he was devishly handsome, but despite not even having kissed yet, Meryl could see herself falling. Not just yet, though. But she knew it was coming.
"You know.." Pierce started, "We really ought to talk about.. us." she sighed and threw one leg over her other, "What's there to talk about?" Meryl hated facing reality. She wanted to be with Pierce but she couldn't admit it to herself because of Don, let alone him, "Besides the obvious?" he scoffed, "I just want to know what you want, I need to know, to save us both from embarrassment."
"I think we ought to stop at a gas station-" Meryl paused as she could feel the guilt build inside. Pierce looked at her with so much emotion; unhappy she was changing the subject. She exhaled deeply and replied, "I just need to talk to Don before I tell you anything. I can't keep leaving him in the dark."
"But it's alright for me to be kept in the dark?" Pierce turned away from her and focussed on the road, "I understand how it looks but you know-"
Hurting, Pierce snapped back, "See, that's just it. I don't know anything. You're married yet from where I'm standing, you want.." he paused and shook his head, "It doesn't matter. Ignore me. What matters is you sort things out with..Ron? No, Bon. Lon? It's definitely Lon."
Meryl could tell he was hurting. Bad. They had made such an impact on each other that it hurt her knowing he was in pain. She wanted to relieve him by putting him out of his misery, but wanted to tackle the bigger problem first; Don.
"Anywhere on the left is fine." she pointed at a lamp post just outside her house, "I'd wait for you, but I don't want to put you under any pressure to come back out. If you come back out."
"I'll call you, promise." she smiled, "Also, I'd keep your head down driving out, you can never be too sure where the press are."
Acknowledging her words and saying goodbye, Meryl made her way back home, ready to face what was potentially her last moments with her husband.
After sitting in silence for a while, Pierce headed home and awaited Meryl's phone call.
A thunderstorm broke out just as she finished arguing with Don. They didn't get anywhere by the end of it. It was just hours of Don trying to understand what he did wrong, and what went wrong in their relationship, and Meryl trying to explain that the way she feels about Pierce is indescribable, but it's better than her marriage. Tears were inevitable and objects were thrown, but by the end, Don was reaching for alcohol and Meryl was packing an overnight bag.
"I'm sorry. Believe it or not, I didn't mean for it to end this way." she opened the front door, holding her bag, fully aware he wasn't listening to her anymore and made her way through the pouring rain, thunder and lightening before sitting in her car. There was only one place she knew she had to go and she wasted no time making her way down to Pierce.
Arriving, she began running to his door before getting her left heel wedged between two of the cobbles, "Fuck me!" she yelled, now bopping towards the door at different heights, "I could see you struggling but I thought I'd watch you instead." Pierce sniggered, opening the door to her surprise.
Her wet body turned Pierce on like never before. Her top became transparent from the rain, allowing him to see some of her stomach and a small bit of cleavage.
"Just for the record.." she pulled her other heel off and threw it in the nearby bush without breaking eye contact, "I want you." she confidently spoke, "It was always you."