Seven | Love

A/N: Yikes! It's been nearly a month since my last update! I can only apologise.. I knew this chapter had to come but I tried to avoid it at all costs 😂 During my absence, the support has been unREAL! Over 3k reads and recent comments have made me so happy, the fact you guys like this means so much? Okay, okay, I'll shut up. But thank you, honestly. It means more than you'll ever know. [Big up the PQ's for the car journey ;)]
Enjoy the chapter (hopefully)! J x

Morning. It was a new day. They'd both overslept and couldn't bring themselves to move. Being in each other's embrace was wonderful; especially after the recent trouble in paradise.
"Hello sunshine." Pierce smiled softly as Meryl's eyes opened delicately, "How are you?"
She shuffled up slightly and winced in pain quietly, startling Pierce, "You're still in pain? We need to get you checked out.."
Meryl held his neck as she cuddled him more closely, "I'm worried about what they might find. Please.." she whispered, "Just 5 more minutes?" He stroked her hair and squeezed her gently as they both remained in the same position for another hour, until they were ready for the day.
"White or brown?" Pierce held up two bags of bread, "Surprise me." Meryl giggled, walking upstairs to take a much needed bath.
They were back to their usual, joking selves. The love they shared was growing immensely, more than either of them were aware of. All they seeked was lust; barely a month ago. Now things have been so positive, so uplifting, so.. right.
And Pierce was longing to say those three, special words. The three words she hadn't heard last night. But at this moment, the only important thing was that nothing could change the way they felt. Not even Keely. Nor Don. But some things have to change..
"Pierce!" Meryl ran back downstairs before she'd reached the top step of the, slowly falling apart, staircase, "Get the keys. I need to go to hospital."
Dropping the knife he was spreading jam with, he leapt to the front door to comfort his ray of light, "What's wrong? The pain? It's back?" Meryl rolled her eyes and put her hand on the doorknob, "No! I just thought we could have a cute getaway to the hospital! It reaaaally turns me on." she replied, sarcastically. Noticing Pierce sulking, she sighed, "I'm sorry. It's my lower back.. here, you see?" Meryl pointed and pressed firmly on her lower back, "What if I'm paralysed?.. Oh my GoOODDD!" she yelled, "Fucking hell, darling. We aren't in bed now." Pierce joked, trying to make light of the situation.
"Please." she opened the door, "I'm sure we'll be in and out before you know it."
The car journey was fun. Meryl's pain was easing away, just like it always did, so they made the most of it by putting some music on.
"You heard the new album?" Meryl said, as 'I Have a Dream' began playing, "Only a few. The boys and I changed the lyrics to them though." Pierce finished, chuckling to himself, "What's so funny? Give me an example." Meryl began laughing at the sight of Pierce laughing, "Go on!" she insisted.
"Wait for the chorus to kick in.." he changed gears and softly sang with her, "I have a dream.." Meryl fell silent, "A sex fantasy.."
Choking, she let out an uproar of laughter, "You're kidding. You made that up?" Pierce shrugged and nodded, "I'm a man of many talents," he pulled up the handbrake as they arrived at the hospital, "you know all too well about that."
Kissing each other tenderly, they held each other's faces and closed their eyes. They were procrastinating, because, like you and I, they knew what was going to happen. It was inevitable.
Holding hands, they smiled and hugged one last, innocent time before the big revelation.
———————————————————————————
"How long am I?"
Meryl was laid on a bed, the curtains were shut, a plastic cup was balancing on her side, her hand was still being held by a man who adored her, and her heart was pounding like never before.
"4 weeks. Maybe 5. This early on it's uncertain how long, but all we are certain of at this moment in time, is that you are pregna-"
"Yes, yes, pregnant. We heard you the first time." she snapped, flicking through the clipboard the specialist left at the end of her bed, "Sorry." Pierce mouthed to him, "You've got your medication and your tests have been cleared. You're free to go whenever."
The doctor left the room, followed by Meryl's glaring eyes, much to Pierce's dislike, "It isn't his fault, babe." Her focus shifted to Pierce, "No. You're right. This isn't his fault. This is YOUR fault." she pulled her hand away from his and took a sip of her drink, "Why did you have to put a life in me huh? Was the fucking not good enough? You had to go that little bit further?"
"This can't all be on me! What about Ron?" Pierce yelled back.
Though he was unaware of his pronunciation error, he was right. And Meryl knew he was right. It could have been either of them. Did she want to find out when the time came? Would she rather it be kept a secret?
"I think I ought to go see him. Don. Tell him." she sighed, taking another gulp of water, "Right now?" Pierce asked, unimpressed, "Maybe not now now. But soon. I can't keep it from him."
Meryl reached out for his hand once more as a single tear rolled down her left eye, "Understandably," He responded, smiling as he squeezed her hand tenderly, "but let's clear our heads first, hmm? It's a lot to take in."
As the discharge papers were signed, Meryl and Pierce headed back to the small house on the corner that they both called home. Meryl let herself out, holding her not-so-obvious bump with a half hearted smile, as Pierce hurried to the front door, adamant to treat her like royalty since the life changing news. (As though he hadn't been doing that the whole time)
"Coffee? Cake? Me?" Pierce joked, placing his car keys on the side table, "I might take you up on that last one later on.." she brought her face close to his and rubbed his arms, "But right now, I need that much needed bath from earlier." Meryl replied, stretching and holding the place her back was aching from previously.
Pierce's eyes lit up as he went back outside to visit his small patch of grass by the side of his fence.
"Fuck. It's November." he bit his teeth and walked back inside, embarrassed.
"What on earth were you doing out there?" Meryl queried, placing her coat over the hanger, "Oh nothing. I'll go run your bath." he kissed her cheek hurriedly and made his way upstairs, hardly making it to the third step as Meryl pulled him back, "Tell me." she demanded, meaningfully.
"I was gonna get some.." the rest was inaudible, "You we're gonna get some what, babe?" she smiled. She heard exactly what he said but wanted him to say it louder, "I was gonna get some flower petals for your bath." Pierce responded quietly, with his head down in shame.
"Oh, my sweet." She pulled up his chin and stroked his ears, "It's November." Meryl's face lit up at his thoughtfulness. His non stop giving; prioritising her every need. Everything had fallen into place for her and she didn't even realise until now.
"Thanks for clarifying. Laugh at me again and I'll put dead leaves in when you aren't looking." he grinned, menacingly.
Today had been a whirlwind. Many ups and downs, but surprisingly, more ups. But the best was yet to come.
"Ha! You're crazy," Meryl opened his arms out so she could wrap hers around his chest and rest her head. Closing her eyes, as Pierce enveloped his arms back around her, she finished, "I love you."
After a few seconds to process what had just been announced, she opened her eyes wider than ever before. Pierce too.
"You WHAT?" he pulled her out of his hold so they were stood apart, "I-I..I don't even know where that came from." Meryl stuttered, shaking her head and moving her arms around, "You weren't supposed to say that. Not yet!"
Her whole face sank. She thought he didn't love her back.
"I'm sorry. Is it too early? It's too early isn't it." Pierce interrupted her by holding her hand, finally calming down, "Hang on. Just wait. Wait." he exhaled deeply, "Do you really love me?" he asked, softly.
"Yes. Yes I think so.. Yes." Meryl's eyes welled up at the sight of Pierce's beaming smile, "I was planning a whole bloody scenario of how I was gonna tell you. Honestly though, I was preparing how to not look like a fucking idiot when you rejected me." They laughed loudly, a tear now shedding Meryl's right eye, as this was the most right she'd ever felt.
"You love me too?" she questioned, sheepishly, "Mary Lou.. you're MY sex fantasy." Pierce pulled her up against the wall in the most sexy, dominant way she'd encountered. Even more so than their first time. She guffawed once again and bit her lip, looking at his lips continuously.
"I love you. More than you'll ever know." he finished.
"And I love you.. Baby daddy." she winked.

A/N: Nearer the end, I came up with some new ideas and I'm SO excited to write the upcoming chapters!! I'm starting to really enjoy this story again so hopefully it won't take as long for the next updates.
J x