Ball V

Riley POV:

"Maya wait!" I say, my heels clicking against the ground. She stops, not turning towards me.

"What. Do. You. Want??" She tries to say as clearly as possible. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, my voice shaking. She turned towards me angered. She stomped towards me and got in my face.

"DO I LOOK LIKE I AM OKAY?!" She shouted. My body buzzed. I start to tear up.

"WHAT-what happened to us Maya?" I cried. "You were my best friend. Ever since I got here you had always been by my side! You were always the one who showed me love and compassion! We were inseparable! You were my sister!"

"You should have thought about that before you did what you did." Maya cried back. Her hands were shaking.

"I DID NOTHING TO YOU! AS SOON AS LUCAS CAME INTO THE PICTURE, YOU JUST HAVE BEEN ACTING LIKE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON!" I shouted.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK I'D BE FIGHTING WITH YOU BECAUSE OF A BOY??? THATS NOT THE REASON!" She screamed back.

"THEN WHAT IS THE REASON? WHAT IS THE REASON?!" I screamed.

"YOU RUINED ME! I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT ME! MISSY TOLD ME ALL ABOUT IT!" She cried. I had never been so confused.

"Maya...what?" I said.

"She told me what you said, about Josh, about Volleyball players, about me being a slut, about you hating me, everything." She cried, falling to her knees. I get on my knees and take her hand.

"What exactly did she tell you Maya?"

She sniffled.

-time travel whoosh-

Maya POV:

It was the day I walked in on Riley and Lucas kissing. I had practiced my drills really late. I was changing in the girls locker room. While in there I heard some of the girls chatting.

"I think they'd be cute together, Riley and that new guy, what's his name?" The girl says.

"Lucas right? He's totally hot!" The other girl sighs. "But isn't he supposed to be with Hart? I heard they were hanging out during free period, making out."

"Oh my God really? She's such a skank for that! He just got here and she's already knee deep!" Girl 1 laughs.

I wince. How did anyone hear about that? The only person that saw us was Riley, and we weren't making out!

Right then, Missy walks in silently opening her locker. She says to me "I heard what happened, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I'm used to rumors, they don't own me." I sighed, closing the locker.

"I know, but by your best friend??? I just found that to be a new low." She says flipping her hair. I pause.

"Riley would never do that to me. She's my best friend." I laugh.

"I'm sorry Maya, but it's true. She told the whole squad she caught you all over the guy she liked. She said she was gonna make her move soon, and when she did, you'd be history." Missy said sadly.

"I don't buy it. Why would you be telling me this?" I say in disbelief. Missy had always been horrible. Why would she be so nice to me now?

"Because I hate when people are labeled as sluts when someone makes a fool of them. He real sluts are the ones who do it behind ones back." She sighed, shutting her locker.

"Yeah sure Missy, tell me when you come back to Earth. Riley loves me, and I love her more than anything. If she liked Lucas she'd be honest with me. We never lie." I smile, shutting my locker. I spotted the girls who were talking about me. They freeze.

"That's a cute top." I say to one of them. They both go red. I leave to go to the parking lot.

Riley would never do that. She'd never lie or spread rumors. She said he wasn't a player.

I start out the parking lot, fixing my hair while I was walking. I hear some commotion near the cars. Was that Riley's car??? I watch Charlie stumble away, that idiot.

"You're too precious, too beautiful, too miraculous for anyone to ever land a hand on you! I-I couldn't control myself!" I hear a voice cry. I couldn't make out everything being said, but the voice sounded familiar.

"What?" I heard Riley ask.

"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" The voice screamed.

"Take wh-" Riley stops talking. I walk closer to find Lucas and Riley in the car...kissing.

Missy was right. She lied to me.

Riley Matthews, the one person I loved more than everything. The one person who got me. In the car with the guy I, liked?

Her top was revealed and she had his jacket.

I couldn't take it any longer.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!"

-time travel ends-

Riley POV:

"Maya...." I say

"Don't even. You lied to me. You treated me like trash." She cried. I felt awful.

"For one, I never told anyone about you and Lucas. I would never do that to you...."

"Everything makes sense! You were the only one there! Who else could have heard!? And I caught you making out with the boy I liked!"

"I would never hurt you purposely Maya, you know that!" I stuttered "I just...got caught in the moment. I wanted to forget my feelings for you! I tried forgetting! I did my best to push him away! Believe me! If I wasn't do you think I'd ever go out with Charlie??"

"Then who would have spread the rumors Riley? Answer me that."

"I did." A voice stated. We turned.

"Missy."