Chapter 5

Hey, just for reference Louis is supposed to be like 17-18 here and Harry 18-19
And the picture at the top is just a random picture btw lol it doesn't really have anything to do with this chapter.
--

"Whose handkerchief is this?"

Shit

"Um-mine" he didn't know why he lied, there was no real reason to but the thought of telling his mom of the statuesque stranger he met in the hallway made him cringe.

"You really should clean up a bit, I didn't get you your own room so you could leave towels on the floor" she came out of the bathroom yielding a wet towel, hand on hip.

"It's a motel mom, your supposed to leave towels on the floor"

"Louis"

"Fine, I'll clean it up - just not right now"

She gave him an unconvinced look, "Mmk"

Two days had passed and Louis hadn't ran into Harry again, despite spending far more time then usual at the poolside the last two mornings. The sun was low in the sky outside his window, shrouded in dark clouds, hinting at twilight thunderstorms. He and his mom ate in that night, avoiding the mosquitos that humidity and promise of rain brought to the beachside restaurants.

"I'm gonna take a shower" he'd washed his hair yesterday, but wanted the time away from his mum and to wash the sheen of sweat that had seemed to settle over everything from his body.
"Ok, I'll leave you to it".

He moved the shower curtain and turned the nozzle before stripping of his clothing and stepping inside. He massaged his shoulders, working through the knots and rolling his head back, trying to release the tension. His hands slipped down his body absentmindedly. With his eyes still closed, they felt almost like someone else's hands, warm and with featherlight touch, grazing the small of his back, the curve of his waist, the tiny trail of hair from his navel to just above his crotch, sending chills up his spine. He tilted his head to the side and ran one finger down the nape of his neck, imagining someone planting slow, open-mouthed kisses along his collarbone, working their way up to his lips, his breath quickening. Head back, his eyes fluttered open to catch a glimpse of a green handkerchief hanging on the shower rod. It looked damp, like his mom had washed the blood off it and hung it to dry. Louis' hands froze at the sight of it, its presence bringing him back to reality. He shook his head and grabbed the shampoo bottle, realizing he must've been in there for ten minutes already.

• • •
Once dryed and changed into sweatpants, he headed for the pool in search of the book he'd forgotten there that morning. Locking the door and stuffing the key in his pocket, he headed down the hallway, texting his mom where he was going in case she had heard the door open.

"Were you swimming?"

Louis jumped, looking up to see a tall figure leaning against a motel door, smirking.

"No, um - I just took a shower" he ran his fingers through his hair and flattened it across his forehead, suddenly self-conscious.

"Ah" he chuckled, flashing a slightly crooked, toothy smile.

"So" Harry said, his expression suddenly serious, "What are you up to tonight?"

"Uh - nothing really"

"Well, there's this party on the pier, you know, along the shore, you should come - if you want"