Good Morning

Tom laid quietly in bed, staring at the ceiling as he listened to the faint taps the rain made on the glass of his window. He turned, his gaze instantly at the window, then shifting to the clock. 1:47 AM. Great. He had school today, his first day to be precise. He could feel the fear and doubt crawl over his spine. It made him shiver at the thought, a new school, new people. No Edd, or Matt, but then there were better things that shot to Tom's mind. No more bullies, mean teachers, no more getting shoved after school, or chased home. He felt himself smile at the thought. He snapped out of it. What if this school was worse? Millions of thoughts ran through his head, only in that split moment it seemed. He rolled over, still consumed by his thoughts, and felt himself slowly drift to sleep.

He woke up that morning with a start, his alarm blaring in his ears. He grumbled, yawning and stretching. They were cut short, his hand slamming onto the alarm. He couldn't stand the sound. He forced himself up out of his warm, safe bed and slipped on a loose shirt and made his way downstairs. He murmured his good morning to his mother, trudging over to the fridge and grabbing the heavy gallon of milk. He walked over to the table, unstably setting it down with a small huff. He turned and got the bowl, the spoon, and finally, the cereal. He poured the cereal, then the milk, and munched on his breakfast quietly, already playing the seemingly horrible day through his head.

Once he was finished, he put the bowl in the sink and made his way back to his room. He slipped on his normal school clothes, the ones he had worn at his old school, the ones full of memories that'd he keep till the day he died it seemed. He slipped off his current shirt, then let it fling off his fingers to the blue fazed bed at the corner of the room. He put his arms into the shirt, letting his hands peek out the sleeves. He gave a soft sigh as he looked down at the shirt, the dark black shirt with the detailess skull on the front. He finally slipped it over his head and let the fabric rest around him as he walked to his closet and grabbed out his pants. They were skinny jeans, ripped at the knees with small cuts. He hated the look of the tears, but finally had grew to deal with them. He unbuttoned them and slipped them over his slim legs. He gently buttoned it, then leaned over back to his closet to slip on his black socks and checkered Chuck Taylor's.

He sighed, looking at himself in the mirror, turning Evey which way, to see if there was a flaw.

There were many to Tom.

He shrugged them off though, and let his gaze trail to his hair. He sighed once more, a quiet, annoyed sigh and walked out the door of his room to cross the hall into his small bathroom. He looked into the mirror, his acne had cleared up this summer, surprisingly. He reached into a drawer and grabbed a comb, flattening his hair to make sure every seeable strand had been at least decently straightened. He then combed it up and sprayed it faintly with hairspray. He looked into the mirror, a feeling tingling inside him as if he was missing something.
He reached into the drawer once more and grabbed out three little buds and a long ringish jewelry. He put two buds in both sides of his lips, the other in his tongue, and then lastly for his face, his eyebrow. He smiled lightly into the mirror, and then got his actual earrings in. He opened the door, walking back to his room quietly as he grabbed his backpack, already filled with the things for school, such as his notebooks, binders, pencils, pens, and what not. He looked in the mirror,
"Absolutely horrible." He said to himself, giving a smile. Tom never really liked himself, and usually kept that to himself. He shrugged and walked to the door as he made his way.