↠Bryan↞

Third Person's P.O.V 

Y/n peacefully sat down at her work desk, waiting for a customer to walk through the door. She sat that over ten hours a day waiting for people to walk through the front doors, waiting to adopt a new member into their family. Y/n is the assistance manager at North Central Animal Shelter. She's started working there a month after she moved to L.A when she was only 19. Now, Y/n is 28, almost 29. 

Today had been an unusually slow day at the shelter. Y/n opened up the shelter that morning at 9:00 a.m. It was currently 2:56 p.m. and so far there had only been four customers. 

Y/n sat at her desk, bored out of her mind. She continuously tapped her fingers against the wooden desk as if it was release her from her boredom, but it never did. The music that was softly playing throughout the building wasn't enough to keep her mind occupied. But that soon changed. 

Y/n's head snapped over to the front doors when the bell rang, signalling that someone has come into the building. She quickly rose to her feet and headed over to the person. Y/n had a bright smile on her face, her y/e/c shining as she headed over to the front door. She looked at the person, a man, and her eyes met his dark chocolaty brown ones. 

The man was tall and he seemed to be very defined. It looked as if he had a a lot of muscle. He had darker skin and a large, bright smile. He had the most adorable dimples any girl would just fall for. His hair was dark, shorter on the sides but the top was slightly messy, some strands of his black hair going in different directions. As Y/n got a good look at him, she noticed he had faint stubble around his mouth and jawline. Y/n finally made her way to the man and looked up at him due to the fact that she was shorter than him. 

"Hello, welcome to North Central Animal Shelter. My name is Y/n. What brings you here today?" Y/n spoke kindly, sticking out her hand for him to shake which her kindly did. He had a firm grip but yet it was soft at the same time. 

"Hi Y/n, I'm Bryan. I'm here to adopt a pet today but I have no idea what kind of animal I want. What do you recommend?" The man, Bryan, responded.

"Well, it all depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a low maintenance animal that you can cuddle with I would say a cat or a kitten. If you want something that you can cuddle and rely on for support, or even a family pet, I would get a dog," Y/n paused and looked into Bryan's eyes. "So what's your story for adopting a pet?" 

"A year ago my wife and I got divorced. She got custody of our three daughters and now I'm just lonely. I'm very close with my ex wife's brother seeing that one is my work partner and the other is my boss. I'm kinda just looking for a pet that can cheer me up when I'm down and I can have endless fun with," Bryan spoke, his voice became slightly shaky when he talked about his ex wife. 

"I'm sorry that happened to you Bryan," Y/n said, placing a hand on his shoulder and giving a sympathetic smile. Y/n wasn't being kind because she was doing her job but she truly felt sorry for him. "Let's take a walk around and see if any animal catches your eyes. How does that sound?" 

"That sound's perfect," Bryan exclaimed, giving Y/n a toothy smile. Y/n's cheeks flushed a light, rosy pink as she looked at the dark man standing before her. As Bryan smiled down at the y/h/c girl, he could feel his own cheeks heat up as well. 

"Right this way," Y/n chirped before swiftly turning on her heels and wander over to a near by door. Bryan quietly snickered at the girl before him. 

↠𐩒↞ 

That day, Bryan Valle, adopted a sweet three year old dog, Athena. She was a beautiful blue-grey and white pit bull with floppy ears and a constant wagging tail. But, Athena wasn't the only thing Bryan went home with. He also went home with Y/n's number contact in his phone and the biggest smile on his face.