The Monster in Me

Insert song: Demons

As Percy tore across the entirety of the United States of America, first down to San Fransisco, stopping briefly to gape as a group of heavily armed teenagers passed by him, slowly marching up the mountain Percy recognized as Mount Tam, the Titan stronghold.

Percy stopped for only a second, trying to decide whether or not the were rogue demigods off to back the Titans or if they were there to try to fight against Kronos and his army. He heavily hoped for the latter.

He stared at them until one of the purple-and-gold clad teens, one of the boys near the front of the group with bright blond hair and eclectic blue eyes that reminded him somehow of Thalia in the Hunters of Artemis. His hair was somewhat similar to Annabeth's hair but it was somehow not the same.

As he opened his mouth and cried out in warning, loud as if it was yelled right in his ear,

"Monster, watch out! There may be more around somewhere!"

As he finished his warning, Percy put two and two together, if he was warning them of monsters, they probably weren't on the bad guy's side.

Not wanting a problem, Percy immediately turned around and ran away as fast as his newly powerful body could take him.

However, as soon as he could register that he was moving, he had already run through the wall of a hotel lobby, blasting the wall apart and showering the occupants with pieces of drywall and wood.

People were screaming and pointing at him, they yelled about a terrorist and the crouched down to the floor, hands above their head. One man pulled a gun out of his pocket and fired three rounds into Percy's chest. Percy panicked as he watched the bullets fly towards him in slow motion, he froze in panic, the rational side of his brain that still wasn't accustomed to the vampiric thing yet.

Thankfully, Percy was a vampire and therefore didn't feel much from a gun.

Once he realized he wasn't dead, he relaxed, though the people around him seemed to panic more.

Seeing as his welcome seemed to have run out, or never have if really existed, Percy ran off once again, a bit slower this time. Controlling his trajectory ever so slightly better.

He may have still run into a couple of cyclists and walkers.

___________________________

Percy had almost reached New York when his thirst really overcame his self control. He stopped near a small cottage a few kilometres outside of his hometown.

He knocked on the door, then, deciding to verify some of the legends he'd heard about vampires,

First up,

Do vampires need permission to enter someone's house.

Percy promptly proceeded to knock down the door with his foot and stroll inside.

Nope.

Apparently not,

Percy took a deep breath, inhaling through his nose, exhaling through his mouth. His mouth began to water as his scent glans picked up the fresh scent of human blood, fresher than it should have been. When Percy opened his eyes and took a closer look at his surroundings, his eyes widened as he noticed a thin splattering of blood on the wall opposite him.

Percy then listened carefully, his eyes narrowing as he focused on the slightest sound until finally it zeroed in on the sound of a scream.

It was muffled, very well for him not to notice right away with his vampiric hearing. At least three layers of insulation and a fairly long way's away.