lonzo imagine

imagine for: @80s90steen
song: lights down low- MAX (feat. gnash)

-

"Can you stay still for a just a second?" My mom asked as she straightened my hair, "You're literally yanking my hair" I laughed as I grabbed the flat irons out of her hands.

I started going over my hair again as she just looked at me smiling a little, "What?" I asked looking at her through the mirror. "Today marks two years since you Zo been married, my baby is all grown up" She spoke following a crack in her voice. "Mom" I turned
around, "I'm still you're baby, just a very mature baby" I joked hugging her as she wiped away a few tears. "Please don't cry"

Yesterday my mom asked if she could do my hair for my anniversary today, I only said yes because she said it'll remind her of when I was a kid. I knew growing up was hard on her but I didn't know it'll be this hard on her. "I'm sorry baby, you just look amazing. Your father and I did good" She joked making me laugh, "Now when are we getting grand children? I know Tina and Lavar are waiting as well" She continued.

A smile grew on my face as I looked down, "Very soon". My mom wasn't the brightest person when it came to subliminal messages so she couldn't read between the lines of me saying, hey i'm pregnant. "Well hurry up" She responded unplugging the flat iron.

Just then the doorbell rung and I looked at myself in the mirror for a second, "Are you expecting someone?" My mom asked following me out the bathroom. Zo isn't going to be home till later so technically, no I'm not. "No, I shouldn't be". We walked downstairs and I walked towards the front door opening it seeing a mail carrier with a small paper in his hand.

"Um hi" I smiled a little as he handed me the paper, "Have a nice day Ms. Ball" He smiled back before walking off. Okay.. I closed the door and my mom came over, "What is it?" She asked looking over my shoulder. I started to read it;

Let's play a game of hide and seek.
Well I'm not hiding but come find me.
You're the worlds most beautiful woman
and I'm happy that I get to call you
my wife, but question.. where did my wife
and I first meet?
~ Zo.

Is this boy serious? I had a grin on my face as I looked up and rushed over to the island grabbing my car keys. "Where are you going?" My mom asked. "Somewhere, you wanna come?" I asked walking towards the front door. "I'll pass, call me later when you and Zo are done with the shenanigans" She laughed causing me to laugh.

I walked out of the front door and ran to my car getting in. If Zo wants to play this game, let's play. He honestly never fails to amaze me so this is really exciting for me. I pulled out of our driveway and off to our old middle school.

We met in the seventh grade in the cafeteria when Zo tried to be funny and throw food at one of his old friends but it ended up hitting me right in the middle of my favorite shirt. I hated him at first but he eventually grew on me to the point of where I knew he was the one for me.

-

I parked the car in the carpool lane and got out not seeing Zo anywhere. This is weird. I started walking towards the front door feeling the middle school vibes of trying to act cool for the upperclassmen but still being uncontrollably childish. I pulled on the door and it was locked. Did he really send me to- My thoughts were cut off when I looked at the door. Flyers and posters were posted all over but one stood out to me.

You remembered.
Sorry for throwing that nasty
spaghetti at your shirt. I
should've known how much you loved
it..
Another question though, where
did you see me play basketball
for the first time?
~ Zo.