Eighteen

"How many bullets are there in this gun?" I asked Vero.

"How many do you need?" he asked me instead.

"A lot. I need to kill all those jackasses." He laughs as he rummages through his pocket, and brought out a bag full with magazines. Amused, I copied his act and put my hand into his pocket.

"What are you doing?" Vero said, the bag swing left to right in his hand.

"Your pocket is like magic. How can it fit that huge bag and still not showing?" I replied, with my hand still going through his pocket. Weird... Like portal. When I pulled my hand out and failed to get anything from inside it, he gave me a 'are-you-done?' look. I gave him a sheepish grin, and take the bag from him. This should be enough to turn the tide around.

"Whenever you're ready, bro," Vero said, standing behind me. Well... I never knew it, but that is all I need. Someone who's willing to fight alongside me.

"Let's take all these pricks down," I tell him in confidence. Those bitches don't know what's coming for them.

***

We sneaked our way around them. Now we're behind the Angels team. We were hiding behind the shrubs outside of the Justice Building. Evander is running really far and fast from Severin's armies. From our view, we could not see Everett or Archibald, and not even Severin. The Angels are too busy trying to kill our leader. Like hell I will allow that! I jumped out of my hiding and shoot the female Angel nearest to me. She disappears before she even could scream. I shot three more as they turn around ready to attack me, and they are a goner. The acrid smell of gunpowder envelops my sense of smell. After fifteen bullets got fired, I changed the magazine, like a professional. Perhaps, if I didn't get murdered, I'll be a great soldier. These Angels don't know what it is like to be human, so they have no empathy, nor remorse. A deathly machine that will go around killing when they were told to.

A tall Angel get hold of Vero, and released a thunder from his palm, it went through Vero in split second. The Angel threw Vero to the floor with a loud thud. I screamed his name with my whole body. My eyes widened with horror, pulse quicken, heart thudding on my chest like a rock rattling in metal box. Adrenaline surged through my veins, my legs were pounding furiously on the ground, heading to the insane Angel who thinks he will get away with hurting my brother. I grabbed the man by his throat, put my gun in his mouth, and pulled the trigger. I feels like a wild beast, but I could not care how others will feels about me. I warned them all to stay away, and they were alerted by the gun in my hand. Vero lay on the ground, his face is paler than usual, and he is panting, clutching his chest.

"Just because I am immortal, doesn't meant I won't feel pain, idiot..." he said with a smile. I should have keep my eyes on his side, at least then he wouldn't get hurt. When his wound recovered, longer than it takes before, he stretches out his arm which I grabbed and helped him up. The Angels seems to have new plan because about half of them turn to face me and Vero, while the others taking care of Evander, Everett, and Archibald on the other side.

In a second before our battle start, I saw their eyes flick from Vero to me. Their stoic face is totally unreadable, but I am betting that they will choose me over Vero because of the gun I'm holding. Just like I predicted they would, they fly towards me, ignoring Vero. Good... This way, I can protect Vero. Evander did say that I am indestructible. Not sure what he really meant with that, but I think the Angels can't kill me. The Angels must have expected it to be ten on one, then things will be over in a flash so that they can get back to their original mission. But they made a mistake and things don't go their way. I've taken five of them down by myself. Vero held three in front of him so that I can shoot them all.

We killed them all with sinister laughter coming out of our mouth. Who would have thought killing Angels can give us so much pleasure? Much more than when we demolished those Dark Souls. Again, the Angels agile movement was far too slow compared to ours. Me and Vero work as a team. When it comes to this fight, there shall be no honour because all that matters are the win.

***

Vero and I joined with Evander and the others at the Park of Wisdom, that is located in between the Administration Building and Justice Building. Somehow, we managed to get rid of all the Angels on Severin's side. Evander is hurt on his left side, and he sat on one of the bench. He is in so much pain that his usually yellowish skin is ashen. Archibald is trying to mend his injury. Not long after that, our last and only enemy, Severin, appeared. He is now only wearing his white shirt, and its sleeves rolled messily. His clean-cut look of a gentlemen with his vest is gone with the downfall of his armies. As he stands opposite to us, his eyes are filled with anger, and his face turned exactly thirty-seven shades of red. Evander smirk. He got Severin shaken.

"Fool." Severin threw the word at us spitefully. I want to laugh when he said that. Just because things don't go his way, he starts throwing tantrum like a little child.

"Not as foolish as you," I add, trying to instigate him. And he bought it. The next thing he did is strangling me, with all of his strength, which is inhumane. I can feel my body slowly starving for oxygen. My ears ringing with pain. My nails digging into his hands, struggling to pry open his hold on me. Shit! Through my blurry eyes, I saw my friends try to pull Severin away from me. But this man is not joking, nor was he giving up. He is hundred percent wanting to kill us, starting with the weakest me.

"I'll kill you. I hate you!" Severin scream to my face. This is crazy. His strength is surreal, that I can actually feel like I will die once again, in the hand of the bad guy. Out of nowhere, a light flash by and Severin screaming in pain. He is thrown fifty feet away from me. Vero helped me to sit up, and I had a hard time trying to breathe. I can feel my neck bruised from his choke. Whatever the light is about, I should thank it. A second later, and I would disintegrate. Damn... I don't want to get involved with any of this, I just want to know the truth about me. When did things get so complicated?

When I look up to see how Severin is, he is in a worst condition than I am. His shirt torn around his chest. For a moment there, I think he fainted, but he is quick to regain consciousness. He stands up, his legs trembling in pain, and he is holding his right arm using his other hand. It seems to be broken, hanging lifeless in his hand. What the hell just happened?

"Don't think you have won. Because I will win no matter what!" announce Severin before he makes a break for himself. Gone, and nowhere to be found. I am thankful that he is gone. If only that it was for good...

***

For the time being, things have been so calm and peaceful. The war ended a week ago, and Severin is still missing. No sign of any other rebellion going to occur. You know, I thought things will get easier after Severin. But now we're being tangle up with the task to find God. I have a bad feeling about more trouble incoming...