Chapter 1

It was bright and sunny and she thought it was a nice day to be out to write. She was walking towards a bench in a park. She wore her usual outfit, high-waisted baggy jeans and striped shirt and finished it off with old sneakers.

She is the type of girl that has an old soul. She loves vintage. Sometimes she thinks she is born in the wrong era because she feels so out of place when people around her talk about fashion and some other things especially her taste in music. Her sister always makes fun of her music. She loves Jazz and the people in her age doesn't even listen to Jazz. They only listen to pop songs.

She looked around her with a satisfied smile plastered on her face. It was nice to be back, she thought. She sat down on the bench she exactly sat 2 years ago. She got her pad and pen and she started writing …

“To my Secret Love,
I can still remember it vividly, how the two of us met.”

Flashback starts…

It was after 6 in the evening when she and her friends decided to go home and call it an early night. Plus their parents might be looking for them, seeing it's about to get dark. As they were walking out the Umbrella Snack Haus, the most famous snack house in town, she bumped with someone.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t—oh mygod Jake! It’s you.”
“Hey Hera! Long time no see.” – Looking a bit confused at first, Jake replied with the same enthusiasm as she had.

And like they always do when they see each other, they fist bumped because it was their thing. Jake is one of her friends from high school. He was one of those people she always runs to when she is bored. That’s his specialty, to eliminate boredom. They first met when she was at her first year in high school. She was practicing her dance routine when Jake, as if they've been friends for years well in fact they just met, started picking at her.

As they were doing some catching up, she looked at her right and there she saw what almost made her believe that love at first sight does exist, clad in an army green varsity jacket with a plain white shirt underneath and a rugged denim jeans, with a pair of vans sneakers sporting a boyish grin, he was what she would define a perfect boy next door but has a combination of a badass. He is hot and cute in the same way.

She immediately asked Jake if who was the guy because it seems like Jake knew him. And she wasn’t mistaken. Jake smiled mischievously and called the hot cutie guy she couldn’t keep her eyes from.

“Dude I’d like you to meet my best friend, Hera. Hera, I'd like you to meet Top, my buddy.” – Jake.
“Hi Hera! Nice to meet you, I’m Top.” – Top introduced, offering his hand with his heart stopping smile.

She was speechless alright. His smile will make you forget all your worries. Well at least, it’s what she thinks. She knew right at that moment that the man will break her heart someday. She just knew from the depths of her heart.

End of flashback.