Part 12

"You said it? And he heard it too?" Payal was shocked when she heard the reason behind her sister bathing in ink.

"What I said was not wrong because even Aman didn't deny it," Khushi said applying moisturizer on her face and hands.

"But Khushi whatever it is if at all you have any issues regarding the work or timings you should have spoken to him directly why to discuss it at their back?"

"But Jiji, why are you scolding me? You should have listened to other people, you would die laughing out hearing the names he has.."

"Shut up Khushi, People who want to waste their time in gossiping would surely be interested in creating these type of names, AR is paying us salaries, it has given us a respect in the society as it employees. Would you encourage the same behavior if this happens in our shop? If at all anyone bad mouths babuji will you accept it?"

"Babuji is very nice no one will ever say anything like that, even I worked with him, I never saw anyone pointing out anything"

"Khushi, come on you are his daughter why would they say it on your face?"

"You mean to say that whatever he did today is fair?"

"No, I'm not supporting his actions but I can only advise you because you are important to me. You got a very good chance for your career, don't lose it with this type of stupidity. You started this Khushi, he offered you even after knowing that you spoiled his show, maybe unintentional but he still left it behind, but you are only assuming his behavior based on what happened in Lucknow and also on other's opinion."

"Why he has to give that stupid work then?"

"Prove to him that you are only concerned about work nothing else, show him your true intentions of working and let him know your talent, even after that if he behaves so let me know then I will look into it. We are here to help babuji, isn't it? Just think of it nothing else, you will surely see a difference."

"Fine" Khushi said pouting.

"Now that's like my dear sister."

................................................................................................

Arnav was displeased when he found out that Khushi left without informing him and the work given to her is also lying unattended on the temporary desk allotted to her. He spoke to Akash to know about Payal, concluded that only Khushi is not work minded. He decided to throw her out as being with this type of people will only be a waste of time, he was astonished by his own behavior towards her, ink bottle seriously? he was sure it was to show her the gates before his work starts suffering due to all this. But before that, he surely will show her how it would be to mess with ASR.

.............................................................................................

The next one week passed in breakneck speed to both Khushi and Payal.

Payal had to put more efforts than estimated but she was happy and thankful to God as Akash was very helpful, he let her take own time and handled her portion of work too so as to give her time in adjusting to the environment and work. Even after that, she was not able to wind up her tasks before 8 in the evening.

Khushi reasoned to Arnav that as the invitations are already sent she didn't see it important to write them anymore hence left them. Arnav though didn't react to her reply assigned her all sorts of work from cleaning up the racks in his room to the ones in the storeroom,asked her to take the measurements of all the models who has come up for the shoot, asked her to assist the security guard in car parking lot, assist different departments with the pending or piled up work , she was asked to upload bundles of files which were of data of the initial days of AR. From getting him coffee at the start of the day to switch off his system by the end of the day Arnav made sure Khushi was always on her heels, never letting her take a break. What surprised him was Khushi doing it without denying, he can see that she wants to shout at him for making her do these things rather than giving her time to learn her responsibilities as his PA, but she kept mum all throughout.

As advised by her sister, Khushi kept mum and followed Arnav's order to the T thinking that he will understand her folly and let it go but her patience finally snapped when she was asked to hold the coat of a model until her shoot was done. She was about to shout at him for his silly ways of taking revenge but keeping in mind the people surrounding them, she let him leave the place first to later go and speak.