Chapter 30

The next morning I woke up with my laptop beside me, and my phone on the floor. I sat up in bed and decided to check my e-mails on my laptop. I saw I had an email from the owner of the cottage.
'We are happy to sell you the cottage. You can move in any day from today!! We have left a manual on how to use the fireplace and cooker etc! Hope you enjoy. Our family lived there for 12 years, but now we are moving away. It's a quiet area, and a gorgeous sight! Enjoy!!'
"I suppose this is all.... real now" I whispered to myself. I looked around me and thought that I should start to pack. But first I was starving- so I thought I should grab myself some breakfast.

As I approached the bottom of the stairs, I saw Sal stood there with some roses in his hand.
"What's all this? And how did you get in here?" I asked with a smile.
"Kendall let me in, and these are some roses. One for each and every day I've known and loved you" Sal explained. A tear spilled from my eye and rolled down my cheek. He was so sweet, I couldn't bare to leave him. I just ran up to him and hugged him.
"What's wrong??" Sal asked.
"I- I love you" I blurted out.
'Why would you say that?! You've been dating for a week and you've told him you love him!! He's probably gonna run away scared!!' I thought in my mind.
"I love you too" he softly spoke. "And I know this may seem soon- but that this time, I think we need to be clear on how we feel"
"And we need to be honest" I added.
"That's very true" he replied as he softly kissed my lips.
"So... I need to tell you something" I said. Sal looked at me and braced himself, knowing it wasn't going to be good news. "I got confirmation that I can move into the cottage in London as soon as possible. And now I start in less than 2 weeks, so I'm thinking of leaving in 3 days, so I can settle in over there" I told him.
"3 days??" Sal exclaimed. "Don't you think... your rushing this. It's like you want to leave" Sal complained.
"Well I do want to leave. This is the start of my life... on my own" I said. As soon as 'on my own' left my lips, I knew he'd get the wrong idea.
"So what? You want me to leave. Are you saying that you want to e on your own to be away from me?!" Sal shouted.
"Look I didn't mean it like that. I need to start my new life~"
"Then start it- without me!" Sal shouted as he stormed off.

I was so stressed out. I had to pack everything, tell everyone, sort things out with Sal, exchange my money, get plane ticket, then unpack in London! I just couldn't manage it all...

Meanwhile, Sal left my house and began to think...
'She made it sound like I was holding her back. She wanted to be alone. She wants a new life- but what about me?! Did I not mean anything to her!'

Sal needed to rant to someone and the one person who would always listen to my rants was Q. He quickly ran over to his place and banged on the door until there was an answer. As soon as he opened the door Chessie and Benjamin leaped at Sal. He quickly stepped back, but Q soon steered them out of the way.
"What are you doing here?" Q asked.
"I- I need to talk to you" Sal stuttered.
"What's up?" Q asked Sal as he pushed past Q.
Sal sat on Q's couch and tried t calm himself down. Q soon sat next to him and placed a hand on Sals shoulder.
"What's wrong??" Q asked, with a concerning tone.
"It's Rachel..." Sal begun.
"Is she okay?? What's wrong with her?" Q asked, worrying.
"No no she's fine, but she's rushing this whole new life she wants, and I'm not apart of it" Sal whined.
"What new life?" Q asked, generally confused.
"She's moving to London in three days, for five years.." Sal sulked.
"What?" Q asked. "Why? She never said. Why would she leave me... I mean us all" Q added with a tear in his eye.
"They're giving her a chance to be an author. I understand that's what she wants to do... but.." Sal said.
"But you can't imagine your life without her. Without seeing her cute smile, her beautiful eyes, hearing her cute laugh... just being without her or the thought of not being with her kills you inside" Q said.
"How do you know?" Sal asked.
"I.. just know".