Chapter 53

In the afternoon Sal called Q, and asked him to meet him in the mall nearby. Sal waited anxiously outside whilst waiting for Q.

Q soon ran around the corner panting for breath.
"What-is-it?" Q asked as he caught his breath.
"I need you help!" Sal asked.
"With what?" Q asked with confusion.
"To choose a ring" Sal said.
"What?" Q asked.
"An engagement ring!" Sal revealed with a grin. Q stood there for a moment until he cake to a realisation.
"Your going to propose????" Q eagerly asked.
"Yep!" Sal said, with his excitement rising.
"When....what...how???" Q asked, trying to wrap his head around the idea.
"I thought about it earlier. As she was moving in, she was looking at photos of her family. Then she said that I was her family- and I thought- Why not make it official?! I love her and she loves me, and one day...maybe we could expand our family" Sal said, getting lost in his thoughts.
"Awww our little Sally is growing up!!" Q said as he playfully nudged his arm. "But seriously- congratulations!" Q said. "But why do you need me. You know I think jewellery is...pointless!" Q asked.
"Yeah but you've proposed before, and I don't know what ring to get" Sal said.
"Trust me, when you see it, you'll know" Q said as he reassuringly placed his hand in his shoulder.

*****
Sal and Q wandered around the display cases of the jewellery shop. The warm golden light reflected onto the shiny silver below.
"I don't know which one!" Sal said, getting more and more frustrated.
"That's nice" Q said pointing to one.
"Nah" Sal murmured.
"What about this one?" Q asked.
"Nope" Sal replied.
"Then why am I here?" Q asked.
"Because I need ur help choo~" Sal began until he glanced over at a ring.
"That's the one!!" Sal said as he tapped on the pristine glass. The ring was rose gold, with a gold heart with mini diamonds in.
"It's pretty expensive!" Q exclaimed.
"You can't put a price on love" Sal sung, clearly full of love and joy.
"Well if your sure!" Q said as they walked to the counter.

Sal carefully watched as the brown haired woman placed the ring box into the bag.
"There you go Sir, congratulations" she said with a warm smile as they left.

"Wanna go to the food court?" Q asked.
"Sure" Sal said.
They sat down on the chairs opposite each other as they began watching their foods and sipping their drinks.
"Do you know where your gonna propose?" Q curiosity asked.
"I have a few ideas...." Sal replied.