ChApTeR 4: ThE rEtUrN (second revised version)

Hey my fellow readers! Apologies for the long delay! For this chapter isn't a new one it's basically a rewrite of the previous chapter, Chapter 4. Its basically the same plot and story, just some extra add ons. I feel like I didn't do justice to it before. I'll leave up the older version for now,  depending on the response, I will decide which is better. The story is basically the same, just introduced a couple new characters. Chapter 5 is done and will be posted as well.   Thanks for reading!

The cool autumn wind was whistling madly in the background as I quickly pressed the button to to close my car window shut. My sporadic ponytail which was whipping all over the place, (hitting me repeatedly in the face) drooped down and fell back into place.

Today was the day, I was either going to make it through with flying colours or fuck this up. Yeah...no middle ground here.

I was making my way to Martinez Gym, it was owned by my father. He always said it was a 2 in 1 investment, since the two lower floors were for the local public to work out and the top floor was for gang folk to train.

Honestly, I had no idea what today would hold, all I knew was it was do or die. Uncle told me to meet him at the gym, where everything would be explained. So basically I was going in blind.

I pulled my black Audi into what used to be my fathers designated parking spot near the entrance of the facility. I peered up at the sign through the bit of frost gathering around the ends of my windshield, it read: DESIGNATED FOR MR. MARTINEZ, it read in bold black letters.

Shifting the gear to park, I took a deep breathe and then exhaled, slowly pushing open up the car door. I took in my surroundings, the leaves on the trees around the lot were slowly turning orange, there were people walking around, some leaving the facility and some entering.

The cool wind made another attempt to get at me, but I braced myself, pulling the two sides on my leather jacket together, quickly grabbing my gym bag from the backseat and racing through the revolving doors.

Phew, I made it, I saw Charlene, the 60 year old bubbly receptionist at the front desk. In comparison to her, I looked like an old board. But she was awesome, she had this warm, kind motherly vibe to her.

"Sweetheart!! Omg is that really you! Camilla! I haven't seen you in ages! How are you! She yelled rushing toward me, attacking me with a bear hug.

See what I mean..

She pulled back from the hug and looked at me, checking as if to see if I was doing okay.

"Hey Charlene, I'm doing well, how's everything going with you, how's Joseph and Patsy? Hope they're well!"

Joseph was her husband, they were married for 40 years, in my books that was one hell of an achievement and Patsy was her pet rabbit.

"Oh they're doing great dear! They miss you though! Dear, you have to come by for dinner some time soon! Joseph misses his basketball buddy, and Patsy hasn't seen you in ages! You know how she likes to curl up near you." She said enthusiastically.

"You know.." I began.

"No not having that, no excuses, sweetheart! Please! She said jutting her bottom lip outward.

Oh great, not the puppy dog look.

"Okay, okay, as soon as everything settles down a bit, I'll be there!"

"Pinky promise?" She held out her pinky toward me.

This caused me to laugh, she could turn from a mother to a child in an instant I swear.

I held out my own pinky, meeting hers in the middle.

"Pinky promise" I repeated.

"Okay! That being out of the way! Spill! what is this I'm hearing about today! And don't get me started on your ass of an uncle, he comes barging in early this morning, ordering me to give him access to the third floor! Saying he has to set shit up for today. And what's this challenge, I'm hearing of?!" She spoke in a whisper yell.