Chapter one

Once again, 30 years later we are back celebrating Andrea's birthday. Which will hopefully distract her from all the rejection from every audition in the past 29 years.

"happy birthday mom!" Alessa walks into Andrea's room with a cake, fresh from the rarely used oven. "aw breakfast in bed? you didn't have to!" Andrea says as Alessa hands her the cake, placed on a tray she dug out from underneath the draw. "you deserve it mom" Alessa says grabbing hold of the slightly open, wooden door. Alessa walks into the kitchen and grabs her moms present from underneath the sofa cushion. Alessa walks back into Andrea's room and hands her the present, Alba walks in just after, Alonso was never really bothered about Andrea, he never had been the nicest parent, but at least she had him, unlike Alessa.
 "wheres Dad?" she asks, confused. 
 "lo siento Andrea, se fue, otra vez*im sorry Andrea, he's gone , again*" Alba says, looking down at the floor.
"what? where is he" Alessa asks standing up off Andrea's bed.
"don't worry al, hes always leaving without telling us" Andrea roles her eyes.
"anyways, thanks for the present"Andrea says shaking the present, while letting out the realest smile in a long time.
"es tu día especial Andrea! ¡yo y Alessandra estamos seguros de que te encantará!  *its your special day Andrea! me and Alessandra are sure you'll love it!*" Andrea starts to open it. "oh my gosh guys" Andrea lets out a tear. She pulled out the bracelet from the box and slides it onto her wrist. The bracelet wasn't brand new, it was abuelas moms bracelet, Andrea had always wanted although, Alba was never ready to give it away. "are you sure?" Andrea asks looking at each individual charm. Alba nods. Alessa and Alba leave her room while Andrea continues to look at it. Eventually, she gets up and walks into the bathroom, she runs a brush though her long, dark brown , silky hair and picks up her tooth brush. She smiles but then thinks of her abuelo and sighs. "where are you?" she mumbles, putting the tooth paste on her brightly colored brush. She swiftly gets ready and runs into Alessa's room.

"Alessa?" Yelled her distressed mother after hearing the news that was bluntly terrifying, "yes mama!" Alessa replied as she walked out into the kitchen.
"Can I see the letter?"
Alessa hands it over the sealed envelope.
 "You haven't opened it?"
"I waited for you, I'm scared. What if I don't get in?"
Andrea places her hand on Alessa's shoulder.
"you will.. and if not you can try again next year!"
Alessa looks at Andrea doubtfully. Andrea stops her finger from ripping the letter. She continues to open it. She slides out the letter and begins reading... 

"Dear Alessa Mendoza, Thank you for the interest in studies at publishing authors university, we have received many interesting applications, only some which we are able to accept this year, we have reviewed your application and we were able to point out many strong features , although, we also found that your application wasn't to the the standard of our other applicants. Therefore,  this year you will not be included in our program, applicants who are not accepted this time are encouraged to re-apply the following year. Although you haven't been selected, we wish you the best for your future work.                                   
your truely,
Emma sanchez,
Graduate adviser."

Alessa leans in to Andrea and hugs her. "its ok theres always next year. Alessa nodded , trying not to let any of her stored tears fall. Alessa spent endless nights preparing her aplication. Alessa had applied for many schools so it wasn't the end of course. Abuela walked in, not to ask for the news,but to turn on the tv. "what are you doing mom?" Andrea asks incuriously. She doesn't reply. Alba flick though the channels and stops at channel 6 news. Alessa and Andrea look at each other and roll their eyes, every morning, alba will just sit in front of the tv and will ignore anyone who tells her differently. "abuela? its ma's birthday you can't just sit here and watch the tv" alessa insisted. Andrea and alessa knew that if alessa told her to stop she would, although this time it was different. "shhh" Alba looks at Andrea  and al. "Tengo que asegurarme de que Alonso no vuelva a tener problemas *i have to make sure Alonso isn't getting in to trouble again*" explains Alba. Andrea nods and alessa looks at the tv questioningly.

Alessa wasn't yet aware of what her Abuelo had been up to, though she was about to find out...