Chapter Two

Storm's POV

Looks like news travel rather quickly. By the lunch break, almost everybody in school knew about the physics project discussed in the first class. Project itself was not so important as the people who were paired together. In this case, Erone Dalachi and Storm Winche, aka the enemies of Hill High.

I rolled my eyes at everybody's exaggeration. But I wasn't surprised, they were hungry for new drama, something that they can talk about. They only knew the surface and rest of it they made up themselves. According to some of them, me and Erone will fight later to see who'll do the project. To others, one of us will purposely fuck something up so the other one will fail. And one of the most ridiculous assumptions is that this is the start of a new friendship.

Like I could ever be friends with that devil...

I snapped out of my thoughts as one of my friends came up behind me and caught me in a headlock. Second later I was realised, only to see my best friend's face in front of me.

"Dude, is it true? You are really paired up with Erone?" Mickel gaped enthusiastically. With how much energy this boy had in himself, I swear he could power up the whole world.

"Yeah." I answered, not so enthusiastic. I closed my locker and headed towards cafeteria with Mickel by my side.

"So did you talk to him? What does his voice sounds like? Is it deep as they say it is? Did you get shivers? People say once you hear him talk, you'll never be able to forget it."

How much sugar do you need to be like this?

"Mickel, calm down. I forgot the first question you asked." I laughed a little.

"C'mon, tell me everything." He nudged me with his arm, watching me expectedly with his almost platinum hair falling down on his dark blue eyes. He was in football team just like me. He was maybe an inch shorter than me but had the same body built. With his looks, he could probably get any girl he wanted but he decided to wait for the one.

"There isn't much to tell, honestly. We got paired up together. Since he's a little bitch, he doesn't want to do project alone so we're doing it together. We're meeting up at my house this Friday. And that's pretty much everything." I explained as shorter as I could.

"Friday? So you're not going to the party?" He asked me confused.

"I am. I was thinking, if practice ends at 7PM, we can do project from eight till ten. And real party doesn't really strat until midnight." I shrugged.

Mickel nodded in understanding.

"How will you two even do it? I mean you guys hate each other's guts." He pointed out.

"I have no idea." I answered honestly before opening door of the cafeteria. As always, it was busy inside, filled with loud, obnoxious students. Every group of student had it's own table.

After taking our food, Mickel and me headed towards our table which was reserved for 'the popular ones'. It was filled with the jocks, cheerleaders, and other students that became popular in different ways.

Before I sat down, I dared to glance towards Erone's table. He had his own table as the others feared to sit next to him. He was typing something on his phone, his face not giving away anything. He lifted his eyes from the phone and looked in my direction. We held stare for a second before he returned his focus on the phone in his hands.

I frowned and sat down.

"Storm, are you really paired up with Erone?" I was hit with with that question as soon as I sat down. As expected, everyone's eyes were on me.

I held the urge to roll my eyes before answering, "Yes."

"So what are you going to do?", one of the cheerleaders asked me with wide eyes.

"Do the project with him." I shrugged and picked up couple of fries, popping them into my mouth.

"Good luck, dude." One of my teammates said, patting me on the back. I nodded as silent thank you.

Maybe because of this whole situation or it was just because I was tired, I didn't feel like talking to any of them. So I was thankful when Mickel changed the subject. He gave me a small knowing smile, his dimple slightly showing, before his eyes darted towards the food.

"You won't eat that burger, will you?", he pointed at one of the burgers on my tray. I laughed and tossed it at him. He caught it with triumphant smile on his face.

I shook my head at my best friend when I heard unusual silence. I looked around our table when I noticed everybody staring at something behind me. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion before I looked behind myself. There he was, Erone Dalachi, walking towards our table.

What the fuck does he want now?

I got up from my seat, ready to face him. I scowled when I saw that he was holding something in his fist. It didn't take long until he was right in front of me, everybody in cafeteria already observing in silence to see how this situation will unfold.

He outstretched his arm, ready to give me whatever was curled up in his fist. I narrowed my eyes at him. Did he really expect for me to just take whatever from him?

He sighed again, just like when he was handing me his phone, before he opened his fist and I saw neatly folded earphones on his palm. My earphones. I was surprised for a second before I snatched them from his hands. My fingers lightly brushed his fingers and I realized just how cold his hands were.

As soon as I took them, he turned to the other side and stared to walk out before I griped his wrist and pulled him closer to me. It took me a second to regain my composure back when I felt electricity where my hand gripped his.

"What are you trying to do?" I whispered so only he could hear me.

"Giving you earphones that you forget in physics class." He also whispered, but his expression stayed blank.

"In middle od cafeteria?" I asked with raised eyebrow.

"There is specific place where I should give you back your earphones?", it was his turn to raise his eyebrow in question.

"Fuck you, Dalachi." I said beafore letting him go. My hand suddenly losing the warmth it had seconds ago.

But this time, he didn't move away. I tensed when he brought his face closer to mine. His mouth just little further away from my ear. "Careful with what you say, Winche. I may just get the wrong idea." He said in mere whisper, just loud enough for me to hear. I felt shivers going all over my body.

Second later, it was all gone as I saw Erone walking away with little smirk of satisfaction on his face. I clenched my jaw and glared at his back, squeezing my fist so tight my fingernails were digging inside my palm.

"Storm, what just happened?"

I looked to the side to see curious and at the same time confused face of Mickel. I just shook my head and said, "Devil is tempting me."