↬The Contract Of Vintage Shorts↫

"We have a problem," I heard one of my sisters say, in my sleepy state my brain can't formulate as to who it is, as I twist in the warmth of my comforter

"We have a problem," I heard one of my sisters say, in my sleepy state my brain can't formulate as to who it is, as I twist in the warmth of my comforter. I cuddle further into my bed before the very same person pokes a finger on my shoulder.

"I seem to be having a lot of those lately," I respond sarcastically, pressing my face into my pillow to hopefully not hear my sister's protests.

I focus my brain back on my dream: where I was being given a Nobel Peace Prize for saving Kace and saving the world from unnecessary arguments and accusations. In the background, I heard my sister shuffle on my bed, and as I drifted back into sleep, I felt a soft paw hit my face.

I groaned into my pillow, that was not a hand of a human. It was almost like a pillow clapping my face. Maybe it was the felt pillow I had, they probably meant to hit it but I dodged it right in time. Wait a second, I didn't even move to dodge the pillow though. My brain finally alert, focused the attention on the softness on my cheek.

"What is that?" I drawled lazily, my voice still hazy with sleep as I blinked my eyes, adjusting to the brightness in my room.

Before me were two pair of adorable brown eyes. However, they were not of a human.

"Oh my- no way. Where did you get it?" I shot up from my sleeping position, fully aware of my surroundings as I examined the dog in Sana's hands.

She winked at me as I held out my hands for the dog to make its way to me. I let my hand pat its silky white fur, nuzzling my face into his fur.

"That's a very long story. I have been trying to grab hold of this since two years and now it is time for the perfect present and thank goodness your mom is not home right now," Sana gushed in delight, clapping her hands as I made my way to Sana.

"Are you going to give it to her now?" I asked her, stifling a loud yawn.

"Yes. Now, hurry up before she leaves the house," Sana hastily said, grabbing my hand and dragging me downstairs with the poor dog bouncing in my hand.

"Did you tell the others?" I asked her breathlessly, still very much sleepy.

"They are already distracting her, you're the last one to wake up," she stated matter of factly.

"Good choice," I admitted. I would have probably turned the house upside down if they bothered to wake me up before the others. I am not a morning person at all. It takes me until one in the afternoon to actually wake up.

"Sia, we have a surprise for you," Sana practically sang as she skipped her way down the stairs.

"This better not be another proposal from Sid's friend. They are all equal idiots like him," Sia loudly declared, horrified at her idea as she glared at Sid pointedly who merely shrugged at her accusation.

Saman and Nisha were finishing their breakfast on the other side of the table while Sid was leaning against the kitchen counter, sipping his coffee. I am assuming Sanay is still at Lain's and Kace was probably still asleep in his room.