Chapter 5

It took me about 30 mins to reach the mansion, it was located far away from the city crowd. I pulled at their drive way and parked next to Caleb's car, I adjusted my dress and walked to the main door and rang the bell, I heard heavy foot step and the door opened to reveal mom with a wide smile on her face and eyes shining with excitement and love.

She pulled me in a tight hug, "oh honey! I missed you so much, omg look at you! You look so stunning in that dress. All the men would me drooling over you!!" She started blabbering, I laughed, "oh mom I missed you too and please speak for yourself even at the age of 42 you look so gorgeous. Anyways look what I got for you and dad!" I said and handed her the the cookies jar and the cake box.

"Baby it was not necessary but thank you anyways! Now come inside everyone is waiting for you" mom took me to the dinning room, which is also attached to the kitchen. As I entered my eyes set upon the most beautiful pair of blue eyes and it was looking right at me, more like checking me out? I don't know

I was engulfed in a tight hug from dad, he pulled of of it after a few seconds and said, " my princess I missed you so much!" I felt guilty for not contacting them for a week, I pulled him in a hug again but it lasted longer than the last one. "I missed you too dad and I am sorry for not contacting you!" I said as he usher me to sit opposite to Alex and next to Caleb. "It's okay honey, but I am upset" he said playfully, I put a finger on my chin and pretended to think, "so will cheese cake forgive me?" I asked
"Hmm let me think, only when it blueberry!" He exclaimed like a child. Everyone laughed at his behaviour and he began pouting, mom came and kissed his pout. A series of "eww" came from the rest, "mom dad don't start making out" Caleb shrieked making everyone laugh, but among those laugh one laugh was like music to my ears, Alexander's.

I didn't realise that I was staring until he looked at me and raised his brows, I blushed and looked away. "Doesn't our baby look good today?" Mom asked dad after the laughter had minimized, I looked up to see dad nod in agreement but nevertheless, "yeah I saw that but she looks way too good and men must have been looking at her inappropriately much to my dislike" dad mumbled and Caleb nodded in agreement while alex just hummed.

I rolled my eyes at their protectiveness with a smile on my face. The conversation flowed on and the housekeepers served us food, alex and dad kept talking about business while mom, Caleb and me where reminiscing our childhood days stories. Everything was going great until that fucker open his mouth, "mom, dad did you know that diana landlord is selling the building she lives in and she just has 2 weeks to find a new place?" Caleb said getting everyone's attention and I face palmed myself. Mom and dad looked at me questioningly, I sighed and said, "yeah I actually don't have a place to live now, I mean not now like 2 weeks later. I looked for a lot of apartments but I liked few and the rest were expensive for no reason." I said not meeting their eyes, " Diana I know that you want to be an independent woman and cannot be more proud but sometimes you have to take our help to make us feel that we're a part of you" dad said calmly. I could detect a hint of disappointed and disapproval in his voice, I put my head down even further.

"And if you don't want our help then you should have used the money your parents left you. Your parents we millionaires" mom said gently seeing my posture but I said softly, "I know mom, dad but I don't want to be a trust fund. I want to get on my own feet by the money I have earned. Moreover smart investment is what I am about, I wanted to move to a penthouse near the company but there ain't many good penthouse in the area, so I thought I'd first get a apartment temporarily near the company then when I have enough money then I can buy a penthouse. And about the money from you and my other parents, I know it's for me but I wanna make my momma's company big. Half of the money I have invested in my company and I am also shareholder of Alexander's company. Honestly I don't wanna use that money for anything but business"

Dad said nothing after that but I continued, "dad you know that I love you and mom more than anything and I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted you and Mom to stand proud when I will be on my feet that's it, I didn't mean to upset you" by the time I was done my eyes were glistening with unshed tears.

A pair of muscular arms took me into its embrace and I recognised it as my dad. My mom, Alexander and Caleb also joined the hug, "okay guys let the little girl breath!" An husky voice which I recognised as Alexander's said. Everyone laughed and went back to their place but Caleb held onto my hands, dad broke the science after a minutes pause " diana you should live with Alexander" dad suggested and I almost chocked on my spit, I looked at dad with a raised eyebrow, "well you see in a few months you will be taking over the company, now I know you know few things about companies and all but Alexander will be able to polish your skills further" he further explained, I nodded understandingly it's not that bad of an idea. "You start after few days of your graduation, like after a week or two. Till then you can have as much fun as you want" his tone turned teasing but the end, well you see dad always wanted me to end up Alexander, I don't know why.

I immediately stiffened and from my perpherial vision same happened to him. Being the monkey Caleb is he began throwing fits that how I should live with him and he is the better option. "SILENCE" dad's voice boomed everyone quite down, "Diana's company is near to Alexander's house unlike yours moreover she'll learn a lot about a real estate company as he too has wing in real estate. So it's final diana will stay with Alexander untill she finally takes over her company."

"I don't have a problem with diana living with me" alex said " of course you don't doofus, she will be the one to cook na that's why" Caleb snapped at his brother. Everybody stated laughing but alex gave him a hard glare. I knew I had no say in this matter so I flowed with the situation, I somewhere down the line was excited as well as nervous with the situation.

"So alex when can I come to shift?" I asked, he raised a brow at me and said I can shift on Sunday, i.e 5 days later as he will not be in New York. I nodded and asked Caleb for help which he accepted but asked me to bake his favourite cookies for him ONLY.

The night soon came to an end and we all headed home. After parking my car back in my apartments parking lot, I went up by the lift. Coming inside my house I started thinking about the good times spent here but we all have to move on in our lives. I showered and got dressed for bed, I fell asleep as soon as I hit the mattress.

^^ Diana's car (bmw i8)

************************

Author's note:

What do you guys think about this chapter?

Alex is a quite kid, isn't he??

Don't forget to vote ans comment

Loads of love💙💙