percy - a silent voice au II

ELEMENTARY

"Well, today I have a topic I want to talk to everyone about," our principal droned. I sat at my desk, pushing the lead out of my mechanical pencil, bored. "It is about Y/N, who is absent today. Yesterday, Y/N's mother gave us a call. She said that eight of Y/N's hearing aids have gone missing or been damaged in just five months. She's worried about her daughter being bullied at school," he continued. I sat up straighter in my chair, eyes wide. "If anyone knows about Y/N being bullied or experiencing any harassment, please let us know. We hear that her hearing aids are very expensive. So please confess, before your parents are in trouble."
I know my mom isn't doing so well with money. I try lifting my hand to confess but out teacher called me out. "Perseus," he said. I made a yelp of shock and looked at our teacher nervously. "We all know that it was you," he said, lifting his fist and banging onto the chalkboard behind him. "Stand up right now!" he yelled. I shot up from my char.

"Annabeth," he called out, this time to the girl sitting beside me. "What do you think, sitting next to him?" Annabeth avoided eye contact with the teacher and nervously began, "Well, he might kid around with her?" I looked accusingly at her, knowing that she's messed with Y/N as much as I have. "What about you Jason?" our teacher asked, now looking at Jason. Jason leaned on his hand casually before saying, "I'd been saying 'Hey, stop it' to him, but Percy didn't stop." I grunted and glared at Jason. You lying freak, how dare you! I thought to myself. "Hey, Jason! You did it with me, didn't you?!" I exclaimed. "And the girls said bad things about her all the time!" I continued to rant. "Hey! Especially Annabeth and Piper!" Annabeth yelped and looked up at me. Piper hunched in her seat and sniffed. "How cruel you are...I would never do such things. Why would you tell such a lie? Percy, you're so bad!" Tears were falling down her face and she furiously tried to wipe them away. The classroom filled quickly with gasps and whispering comments. I took a step back, shocked that no one would defend me.

I sat in the fountain, where Jason and Grover had pushed me in. My clothes were drenched and my notes were soaked. I stared blankly at the water. When I stood up, I noticed Y/N's communication journal in the river with me.

I walked home, still covered in water, reading the awful things I wrote in Y/N's journal. I opened the door to the house and heard my mom talking on the phone. "Yes, yes... I'm very sorry...yes... thank you for calling." I silently climbed up the stairs, hoping to go unnoticed, but my mom saw. "Percy, Perseus stop now!" I ignored her and continued ambling up the staircase. My mom was at the bottom of the stairs now, glaring at my back. "Percy." I stopped. "Your teacher gave me a call. You... why are you so wet?" I still didn't look back at her but answered her, "I jumped in the river like always." I hoped she couldn't see through my lie. I attempted to continue going up but my mom stopped me again, "Wait, Percy. Have you been troubling someone? Is what your teacher said correct?" she asked, trying a more peaceful tone. I looked back and glared, "Yes!" Tears filled my mom's eyes and I immediately felt guilty. I looked down, avoiding her gaze. "We are leaving right now. We have to meet Y/N's parents."

I sat in the car, waiting for my mom to come back from the bank across. I watched as she made a hefty withdrawal. When we met up with Y/N's mom, my mom bowed deeply in respect and handed her the big wad of cash. I stood watching the exchange from a distance, not wanting to meet Y/N's mother.
I decided to walk around and explore the place. I ambled down a staircase slowly, and I noticed bread crumbs landing in front of a group a pidgeons. I saw Y/N sitting on the bench, throwing pieces of bread at the birds. I gasped and backed away, hoping she wouldn't notice me. I walked quietly behind her bench keeping an eye on her. I lost my balance and tripped, making the birds fly off. Y/N looked at me. I stared back awkwardly before running off.

I waited for my mom to come back from talking with Y/N's mother. I rolled up into a ball and rocked myself slowly as I waited. When my mom finally arrived, I noticed a small scar on her ear that had not been there before, with blood on her white sweater. "Percy, let's go home. Be a good child from now on, okay?" she said with a weak smile.

Back at school, I realized the impact of my actions. My old friends teased me and bullied, as I has to Y/N. They messed with me and would push me onto the ground, leaving me and my scattered things on the ground. But... even after all that, I don't know why I still acted ruthlessly to Y/N.
After school one day, I peeked into my classroom and saw Y/N scrubbing away at someone's desk. I walked over and realized it was my desk. "Hey, what are you doing to my desk?" I asked, knowing well she couldn't hear me. I pulled her away and looked at my desk. I glared at the girl. "What were you doing? Disgusting!" I shouted, shoving her away. She only smiled back at me. "That same smile again," I mumbled. "Don't pretend to be a good girl!" I pushed her onto the desk. She looked at me, silently. "What? If you wanna say something to me, say it now! Every time, you show that disgusting smile instead. You're angry, aren't you?!" I was forcefully shoving her, slowly forcing her down. "Hey, say something!" I yelled. She bit the arm I was using her to push her, making me retaliate back. I pushed her back onto the desk and this time, she fought back. She was sitting on the desk now, kicking and slapping me, as I attacked back. She kicked me down to the ground. She jumped off the desk and pushed me flat to the floor and continued punch at my chest. She was crying now, spouting incoherent words. Every time I pushed myself off the ground, she shoved me back down, making it impossible for me to get back. We were on the ground, fighting each other.

A few days after, out teacher announced that Y/N had transferred to another school. I hung my head down and reflected.

____________________________

I swear... I'm not even halfway into the anime. Still so much more to write.... oh well, I'll try.

Please vote and comment if this is good so I know I should continue writing stories like this! Also, please request! I'm seriously at a writer's block and I need ideas! Or, you could just request a person... because I'm not entirely sure who I should write... Anyways, bye! Stay awesomeeee!