♛ Best Laid Plans ♘

┌─────⋅❃⋅⚜⋅❃⋅─────┐

"And everyone knows I'm in

Over my head, over my head

With eight seconds left in overtime

She's on your mind, she's on your mind"

The Fray, OVER MY HEAD

└─────⋅❃⋅⚜⋅❃⋅─────┘

༺༻

Malia had been trying, for the past hour, to wrack her brain as to why she was designated to help Kira manage her powers. It wasn't like she had the patience to tolerate something so tedious or an encouraging mentality to provide the Kitsune with. Regardless, she followed Scott's orders while the urge to mention how the plan would fall through gnawed at her. She couldn't help the skepticism as she jutted her chin forward at the device on the table.

Kira stood across from her, merely shrugged her shoulders, and widened her eyes, questioning, "What?"

"Do it. Do your thing."

"What thing?" Kira asked again, eyes briefly flicking to the table. "I don't have a thing."

Malia urgently reminded the Kitsune, "You did it before. You had to learn how, right?"

"Actually, no. It just happened."

"How'd you learn to fight with a sword?"

"That just kind of happened too."

Malia stared off, commenting aloud, "So you've never worked for anything, and basically, you're a cheater?"

Kira sighed exasperatedly with a slight head shake, "This wasn't my idea. How are we even getting past the front gate?"

"I have a guy on the inside," the werecoyote mentioned offhandedly, causing Kira's dark eyes to widen in suspicion. "And stop changing the subject. Do your thing."

With an unsure expression, Kira took hold of the metal wires in front of her and squeezed her eyes shut, feeling the power of the Kitsune flow through her. Malia watched the lightbulb burn brighter with the amount of electricity surging inside it before her brown eyes glanced at the arrow until it hit the 150 mark with a high-pitched whine. The bulb shattered, scattering pieces across the table and floor.