Chapter 4

~{Third Person}~

Midnight was in pain so she had blacked out, hoping that she soon would wake up.

Hiccup was upset, his father was more than mad at him. He just wanted Gobber to leave so he could find the Mad Shadow he shot down.

~{Hiccup}~

As Gobber and I walk up the hill towards my house we are having a conversation. Well I guess you can call it that. "He never listens," I start. "Runs in the family." Gobber interrupts. I ignore him and keep talking. "And when he does it's always with this disappointed scowl like someone skipped out the meat in his sand which. 'Excuse me barmaid, I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring! I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side! This here, this is a talking fishbone!'" I said trying to imitate my dad's accent. "It's not so much as what you look like, it's what's inside that he can't stand." Gobber replied trying to make me feel better. "Thank you, for summing that up." I say sarcastically. "Just stop trying trying so hard to be someone you're not." Gobber says, again trying to cheer me up. I sigh. "I just want to be one of you guys." I sadly reply and walk inside the house.

I wait for Gobber to leave and as soon as his back is to the house, I take off running out the back door and into the woods.

~{Midnight}~

I wake up and feel a sharp pain in my ear, legs and abdomen. I look at my body and see tight ropes, digging into my tangled fur. I whine, just hoping that someone from the pack will find me. After ten minutes I realize that no one is coming and that I'm going to die from starvation. I whine again in pain. I look up to see the huge beautiful trees. All the leaves on the long branches are a mixture if yellows, reds, oranges, and a few stray green ones. I look at the ground and see all the fragile brown leaves, just waiting to be crunched underneath someone's foot. I hear a twig snap behind me. I turn my head around and see a shadowy figure, trying to hide behind one of the tall trees. I let out a low growl, not wanting the creature to come closer to me. It steps forward cautiously and I growl again, but louder. It doesn't decide to listen to me, a stupid decision really. The figure steps into the light, closer to me in the small clearing.

It's a boy. He has brown hair which falls into his forest green eyes. He looks surprised for some reason. Never seen a Mad Shadow before? I think to myself. I mentally slap myself. Of course he's never seen one of my kind, we're practically extinct. He keeps coming closer and I see that he is holding a knife in his outstretched arms. Well I'm going to die. I think. I don't want to die! I'm too young! I have a lot to live for!

There is definitely no getting out if this one.

oH MY GOSH I UPDATED AND WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING MIDNIGHT?? YOU DONT JUST GO AND TRY TO KILL THE MAIN CHARACTER.

Anyway I'm happy for all the reads and votes that you guys give me! It means a lot and I hope that you like this chapter. I decided not to update when I have a lot of chapters written because that takes a lot if time and I have no time whatsoever.

Love ya!

~punkmelissa