Chapter 6

~{Hiccup}~

I awoke in total darkness. I was lying on the cold ground and shivering from the cool air. I sat up and pain shot through my head. I groaned and started to stand up slowly, not wanting anymore pain. Looking around and seeing dark trees looming over me. "Well I guess I won't find that wolf. But I better get home before it comes after me for real." I mutter to myself and start the journey home.

*3 hours later*

I must be walking in circles. I am completely lost and the sun is already starting to peak over the horizon. "Urgh!" I yell and punch a tree, which is not a good idea. Pain shoots through my fingers and hand and I look down and see blood. "Ow, ow, ow!" I say and cradle my hand to my chest. Great, I'm bleeding and probably going to get an infection.

I stumble around for a few minutes before I find a valley in the middle of the forest. I look down into it and see a lake just below me. I start to make my way down but freeze.

Right near the lake is the wolf. It's sleeping, but I can't wake it up. But I need to wash my hand.

I take a deep breath and continue the journey down, slowly and quietly.

I get to the bottom and walk towards the lake, careful that I don't step on any sticks like last time. I make it to the lake without waking the giant animal. I look up and see that the sun is getting higher in the sky. I have to do this quickly before wolfie wakes up, I think to myself.

I kneel down to the ground and place my bleeding hand into the cold water. I hiss at the coldness but relax once my hand starts to feel better. I wash off the dried blood and pull my hand out. My hand is still bleeding but not as much. I sigh and look to were the wolf is.

Or was.

I widen my eyes and look around frantically for the beast but no luck. I'm going to die for real this time, I think to myself again. I run towards where I climbed down from, hoping that the wolf won't catch me. Just as I was about to place my foot on the rocks, I was thrown backwards by a pair of teeth.

I landed with a thud on the other side of the valley, my heart rate speeding up. The big black creature stalked towards me, looking at me with curiosity and hunger. Shit.

~{Midnight}~

I awoke to a rustling sound in front of me. It suddenly stops and I feel a presence about a hundred feet away from me. I don't open my eyes, in fear that a person is here. The rustling starts again and then I hear a splash. Whatever is here must be in the lake, I think to myself. I open my eyes and see the boy from earlier. A plan pops into my head and I quietly move from the rock to a hiding spot.

The boy sighs and looks to where I was. I chuckle a little wolf laugh at his frightened face. He starts running from the opposite side of the lake. I chase after him swiftly and quietly. Just when he is about to place his foot on the rocks, I grabbed his shirt with my teeth and fling him to the other side of the valley.

I walk towards him and study him. The faint smell of blood hits my nostrils as I get closer. He looks nervous and keeps fidgeting under my stare. I break eye contact and look at his hand. It's bruised and bleeding slightly. I come closer until I'm at his hand. I look at his face and see that his nervous look has turned into a scared expression.

I tear my eyes away from his again and lean my head down towards his hand. And then, I licked his knuckles.

WOWOWOW HI I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG BUT IM BACK.

I've been like really busy with school and soccer, it sucks. But this took me long bc writers block and everything else. But thanks for all the reads and votes! Almost 500 reads that's insane!! And 40 votes?? I love you all so much! Ok bye

~punkmelissa