Armin's Confession

I was standing on the sand, looking out into the sun setting ocean. I hear footsteps from behind me coming this way. "...Eren?" I take a second before I turn my head to the familiar voice, it was Armin. He had something small in his hand that I couldn't quit make out what it was. "So this is we're you were." He says in a very soft voice. I just stare at him for a few seconds before turning my head away and replying with, "yeah..." in a very dead voice. "...I see... So you like to watch the sun set here sometimes too huh?" "......yeah." I reply again in the same dead tone. "Can you at least look at me when I'm speaking to you Eren...?" I hear his voice began to shake as he asks me this question. I turn my head to the left slowly to face him as the wind is making my long hair blow in my face. His standing at least five feet away from me, blue eyes sparkling, and hair blowing in the wind. We stare into each other's eyes for a good ten
seconds. "What are you thinking about Eren? It's
like I just don't get you at all anymore..." his head slowly looks down at his feet while he says these words to me. He almost looks like he wants to cry but yet I say nothing, I just continue to stare at him. He looks up at me. "Me, Mikasa, everyone.... we just don't understand you anymore, I mean your so quiet when we're all together, you blurt our random things, and..." I just still stare at him with the same dead expression. "None of you could possible understand." I say while turning my head back to the horizon. "Well make me understand!" He demands "come on we never keep secrets from each other right? If something's going on we talk to each other about it. That's how it's always been, right?" I turn back around to face him, this time his smiling at me, blue eyes still sparkling, and his still holding something in his left hand. We just stare at each other for another good ten seconds. "Eren?" He takes a step forward. "Remember a year ago, when we first saw the ocean?" At this point his eyes were lighting up. "I may not have looked like it but I was so happy! I was finally looking at the ocean! And the best part is that... is that I was looking at it with you! Tears well up in his eyes, yet he still had a smile on his face. "...but after all this time of dreaming about the outside world and getting to the ocean... all you had to say was "there were enemies on the other side." "...You know that made me kinda said, ...very sad..." "And I was just about ready to pour my heart out, and express all these feelings to you." Tears fall down his face but he quickly wipes them away. The expression on my face changed to looking a little surprised. "Hey... look at this Eren." He walks closer to me while lifting up his hands showing me something white in them. I stare at it, "What's that?" I ask with a little curiosity in my voice. "It's called a seashell." He replies with such enthusiasm. "There's a lot more on the sand if you take the time to look around." "...Oh" What is this feeling? I began to shift my gaze all around the sand, then I point to my right, "is that one?" I see something white poking out of the sand a few feet away from me. Armin picks it up then walks back to me. "Here!" You keep this one." He says very excitedly. I seem a little confused but I take it from his hand. "Um... what do they do?" He takes it from my hand and holds it close to my right ear. "Listen." He says. I listen patiently... "it sounds like... the waves." "Right?" Armin gets really exited. "So every time I'm not at the ocean I'll put this to my ear, so I can at least hear it." "You should do the same." He gives the seashell back to me. I just stare into his watery sparkling eyes. "Thank you Eren." "Huh... for what?" "I wouldn't have been able to make it this far if it wasn't for you." He looks down with a soft smile on his face. "Don't be silly, you made it this far on your ow-" "no" he begins shaking his head. "No. It's because of you that I made it this far. "You protected my weak self and taught me strength." "It's because of you that I was able to make it this far! "You.. gave me life! "You gave me everything ever since the day we first met!" "Armin..." I say while he gives me a big smile. Tears stream down his face as his voice begins to crack. "Because of You I was able to make it here." Because it was you... I was able to make it here." "A-Armin..." I say again but this time with more shock in my voice. "If you are with me, once again I... Then before I knew what was happening, his lips were pressed against mine. "...Mmh?!" We stayed like that for at least five seconds before Armin slowly took his lips off mine. We stared into each others eyes, faces extremely red. Armin still had tears rolling down his cheeks while I was in complete shock I didn't know what to do other than just stare at him. "A-Armin..." I say once more as Armin gets even more flustered. "Ah... um... I- I'm really sorry Eren..." he starts panicking, shifting his eyes everywhere. "I... um... I'm so sorry!" He runs away quickly in a panic. I don't say anything, I just watch him run away with the same shocked expression on my face. It takes me a minute to realize what just happened. "Armin..." I say again, but this time with tears welling up in my eyes. *sob, *sniffle, I began to wipe my tears away but no matter how many times I do that more just keeps coming. "Sob, dammit, ....dammit. Why, why? "There's that feeling again..." What is it?" "Kissing him felt like it was something I wanted to do for so long..." "it's love isn't it?" I stop crying and place my hand on my chest. "...It hurts..." *sniff I wipe my nose. "My thirteen years will be up before you..." but until then I'll do whatever I can, and I will pledge myself to being by your side." I began to take a step forward.