Home Is Where The Food Is

a/N: I'm alive— I've just been losing inspiration and getting social skills yO.

• • • •

Dark, black eyes were reveal to world as their owner slowly awoke. A deep, tired groan came out of his throat. Ace D Portgas slowly rose as he yawned, stretching and shaking gently. He gave a small ruffle to his hair and got up from his bed.

"Oi! Ace! Finally woke up did ya?! The hell took so fuckin' long?!" A loud voice called after the tall pyromaniac.

"Hello to you too." Ace said in his deep sultry voice.

Still half asleep as he walked like the undead down a hallway, taking off his white t-short on the way. Once he reached the bathroom he entered, looking at himself in the mirror. He smirked, his eyes half-lidded, his messy black hair placed so messily, yet so perfectly, his neck strong and with a few scars. He grabbed his hair softly, careful not to pull and slowly tied into a bun. His freckles like small brown dots. As if an artist painted on him. As Ace continued his morning routine of getting prepared for the day ahead, the door to the bathroom opened.

"Hey Ace." Said a blonde man, his hair messier than Ace's.

"Hey Marco," Ace responded in a calm voice, muffled while he brushed his teeth until they were a pearly white. Marco gave Ace a small lopsided smile before ruffling his hair and grabbing his own toothbrush.

"Gettin' ready for today's big day?" Marco asked, wetting his toothbrush as Ace's dark brown eyes fell onto him.

"Of course I am. Who isn't?"

"I know Johnson ain't." Marco snickered, beginning to brush his teeth. Ace smiled a bit, knowing Johnson never got ready.

After meeting Marco in the bathroom and finishing his business. Ace untied the bun and walked to his room again, laying out two shirts on his messy bed. One was hot pink with tropical designs. The other was a dark blue with a breast pocket. Ace pondered for a bit before looking at his bland looking yellow shirt. He grinned grabbing it before putting it on, not caring to button the shirt at all. He put on his infamous black shorts and a belt. A belt given to him by his brother who was part of the Northern gang, the Revolutionaries. Ace grinned as he stretched again.

Finally, Ace was ready to go out into the world. Ace opened the room door as he watched his fellow brothers wrestle each other for the most petty things. He saw the ladies tending to the old man, Whitebeard.

"Hey pops!" Went one crew member.

Whitebeard opened his left eye, a frown on his lips as a nurse tended to his unlatched scratch. Soon both of his eyes opened a wide grin forming on the old man's lips.

"Delaware! My boy! How're ya today?" Whitebeard said, letting out a jolly laugh before getting scolded by the small nurse.

"I'm fine pops! Today I just got some new territory for the gang! The western part!" Delaware said, his hand in a salute like manner to his hero.

Whitebeard smiled at the boy, rubbing his hair with his mighty hand.

"Atta boy!" He praised the boy calmly. He then gently leaned back on his chair.

"OI! YOU ALL HEAR ME NOW! DELAWARE HAS GOTTEN THE CREW NEW TERRITORY! WHY DON'T WE CELEBRATE IT?!" Whitebeard yelled at the top of his lungs. The group started to cheer loudly as members grabbed Delaware, pulling him towards the middle as they hoorayed the boy.

"Oi oi! It's barely even the morning pops!" Ace grinned, opening a beer for a group member before grabbing one for himself.

"Ace my boy anytime is a good time to celebrate" Whitebeard laughed loudly, taking a sip out of his alcoholic drink. Ace grinned at Whitebeard's words. Drinking while the group began their early morning cheers and shenanigans.